1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it just me or......

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NateNate, Oct 7, 2014.

1. NateNate

NateNate Member

Have drivers in Houston gotten much worse? Maybe I'm getting old, but Jesus here are a lot of wanna be speed racers out there. I mean these folks really think they're race car drivers!

Nobody uses the switch that makes that yellow light blink on their car, and God forbid you actually drive the speed limit cause you might as well brace for a rear collision. Tailgating is for sporting events bro in the 99 BMW coupe.

Also last time I checked those painted lines on the roads and freeways indicate certain things. If I'm entering the freeway and you're behind me there's a double white line that I'm waiting for to eventually descend before I enter. You're making it a little harder when u feel it necessary to jump out before me.

And my favorite Is the turn when the median breaks. You're looking at me strange but I'm on that side because I actually want to see the traffic coming Towards me instead of us slowly creeping out inch by inch in an attempt to see if nows the time to cross the street. We can avoid this if you turn on the correct side. Sigh.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's all these Yankees coming down here to work. Every day I see a bunch of out of state plates.

3. NateNate

NateNate Member

4. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EhcPZOwvXm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. NateNate

NateNate Member

Thanks!

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

Metro breh... it's the path to a brighter future.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

My pet peeve is people who clearly have enough room to get their car in that "median space" and out of the flow of traffic, but who barely pull into it and force everybody in the left lane to stop and wait for them to turn.

8. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

Thanks Obama

9. VanityHalfBlack

Doesn't even compare to Houston road rage. I think it's gotten worse.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Traffic has got worse. Used to take 20 minutes to get to work (LAST YEAR!) now takes 60-80 minutes. Really tempted to sell my house at a loss and buy a place near my employer (and be house broke cuz it'd cost 2x my current house). Takes just as long for my wife to get to her job and we both live less than 10 miles from our offices.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Midtown?

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

We just need to burn down 45s and start over.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Didn't even bother to read any post in this thread. Just wanted to hop in here and tell the OP that he sucks at titling threads. Nobody knows what the hell this thread is about and therefore nobody has any idea what they are clicking.

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm not sure what's happening or why people seem to always drive offensively here in Houston.... The problem with using blinkers at least from my experience is that when you let someone know you need to get into their lane they either slow down or speed up......... I absolutely hate it when cars stay on pace with me. If I slow down they do to..... I drive a 6 speed coupe and helps a lot dealing with these aggressive drivers. My procedure is

1. Determine where every car is at the moment and how fast they are driving 2. If safe put blinker 3. Immediately downshift and get in the lane I need to get into because actually need to get in it not just cut said person off because happy happy joy joy..

Also, I don't want to race anyone and trucks and large suv's need to stop tailgating me... They don't intimidate me and its not going to make me want to speed up and go over speed limit. If anything I feel like driving at an even more safe pace abiding by the speed limit exactly....

15. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Was in Houston a few weeks ago. Traffic was totally worse and drivers more ridiculous than 3 years ago when I last was there. I was telling my friend who lives in Houston about it...

16. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Also way too many of these guys (who are probably rocking a baby carrot downstairs) that drive their mud-free city truck like its a sports car. Its not a damn race. It definitely feels like half the drivers out there look at every traffic interaction like a battle or race that they have to win. Also when you are in crawling bumper to bumper traffic and your lane ends (and you have known for 10 minutes) it is your responsibility to turn on your signal and merge. It isn't my job to get out of your way because you suck. Driving on the shoulder and trying to pass 5 more cars is not cool. Half my drive has construction on it now so I can say that things are way worse now for me.

If everyone drives like a dick then the roads will be worse. Everyone's time is valuable.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah I agree.

18. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Bigtexx will build you another flyover from your house directly to work. A one man HOV

19. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

uhh thanks for your input. take it up with Clutch jackass.

20. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

or get some double decker highways going on like in Austin on I-35 in certain areas.