1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it just me? I see Jeremy Lin making progress here.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Nov 13, 2012.

1. zdrav

zdrav Member

I feel that Tony Parker's always been overlooked when one talks about the great PGs in the NBA, though that may be because he plays for the Spurs.

2. kinein

kinein Member

Ya I agree with you Karolik!

3. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Here's another one

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m-EMOb3ATJ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>'"

But remember, not only did Kobe live up to the hype, but the Lakers eventually ended up trading the man he was playing behind Eddie Jones. They also got rid of Nick Van Exel so by then it was Kobe's spot to lose and had one of the greatest big man to play the game to play off of.

Kobe has the Alpha Male attitude which has certainly hurt his team play but he had the talent to back it up. Lin is more of a team player and is more than willing to defer to Harden as we've seen already.

4. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

You know, I was wondering if you ever said anything positive about Lin?

Poor guy

5. slickster

slickster Member

WORD! Full on dumbbrook FTW!!!

6. akuma

akuma Member

he is not a career 90% FT shooter. closer to 80%; his FT% will probably drop. also, not all good shooters are great FT shooters and vice versa.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're comparing air ball videos dude.

stop the lofing.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn Akuma you just went raging demon on them
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t3oYGGsTzbI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

If Jeremy Lin gets that sweet floater going.. Oh baby

10. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

It almost feels like the coaching stuff is scouting him all over again. They probably thought "Maybe if we can push him to play better defense, doing more spot up shooting, lower the turnovers..." I can only hope they are molding him to make him more rounded, coz they aren't giving him much freedom and support. Taking the ball from his hands, no PnR play set for him. I hope Lin can take this chance to develop his games better. Parker in early years had some tough time under Popovich and that really improved his games. Lin is still young, maybe it is actually good to develop him in other areas, but they really need to be careful though. You can tell his confidence level is dropping as he is continued to be used as a spot up shooter.

11. Luca

Luca Member

I think they need to let him handle the ball a little bit more and be a playmaker and then he will also have to play off of the ball.

12. kinein

kinein Member

Ya missed the last 48 hours of forum posting, im surprised the forums haven't spontaneously exploded.

13. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I think so too, but maybe they are thinking to not let him get used to handling the ball, but increase it over time. After all, it's only been 7 games.

14. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Yeah Lin is definitely playing more conservatively while playing alot better defense. His rebs/stls are improving while his to's are going down. Saying that though he does seem to be lacking the same fire and willingness to attack the basketball every chance he can probably because we don't have as many shooters to open up the floor as NY did.

I think given time he'll definitely get that confidence back, I think I remember reading that Lin was still recovering from his knee surgery and his confidence is still up in the air because he's unsure about how his knee was going to react. For this team to improve and get better we definitely need to see Lin back into form and at least increase that FG to 44%/46% instead of his <40% FG right now. I doubt he'll significantly improve his spot up 3pt% that much to where he can take that much pressure off of Harden. He needs to stop pump faking if he's not going to drive every now and then to keep the defenses honest.

15. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Offense-Plays-PPP

[ctweet][​IMG][/ctweet]

Offense-Plays-PnR Ball Handler

[ctweet][​IMG][/ctweet]

Offense-Plays-Sput-Up

[ctweet][​IMG][/ctweet]

Defense-Plays-PPP

[ctweet][​IMG][/ctweet]

Defense-Plays-PnR Ball Handler

[ctweet][​IMG][/ctweet]

1 person likes this.
  16. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

17. booster rocket

NYPOST fans

So, as soon as Lin makes a mistake, its all over the NY newswires ala NYPOST. However, if you read the comments section, most of the NY fans are rather supportive of Lin and still keep him in rather high regard. Now, must admit i didnt see that coming from new yorkers. I guess they have a softspot for him still even after he has left the big apple!

Now, he needs to have a good solid game tonite to make up for that airball....HE must bounce back!

18. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Knicks are undefeated right now. There's no reason for them to hate on Lin now or to not give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now if Knicks were doing poorly... then it would be Lin haters vs. Lin lovers like it is here on Clutchfans.

19. Arthurprescott2

Well about a third of his shots (26/75 total) are coming from beyond the 3 pt line. He's only going to hit that MAX 32-35% (right now 30%). So unless he stops taking 3s, Lin's FG% isn't going to go up much at all. On the other hand, on non-3s Lin is around 57% (mostly coming at the rim).

20. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

to tell you the truth... if Harden wasnt on this team... I would have stopped watching the team by now..

I dont expect to see Linsanity again...dont care how many points he puts up...

and granted he played good D

but I cant stand to see such passive play by Lin...

with Miami doubling Harden all game... Lin should have made them pay for doing that

in not doing so... he hurts the team... shooting 3 balls was not the answer...