1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it fair Miami gets to breeze to the Finals?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Andrew Wiggins, Apr 26, 2014.

1. torocan

torocan Member

Dallas? Probably. Memphis? Not sure I'd be so sure.

Memphis' size on the inside and grind you down style of play is almost a perfect match for Miami. Miami can't even stop mediocre big men, forget stopping a front line of Zbo and Gasol.

OKC has Perkins and Sefolosha and they're struggling with Memphis. Who does Miami have? Birdman?

Yah, Miami might beat Memphis, but there's no way it's guaranteed or a 4-0 sweep.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Perkins is terrible. Bosh is way better then Thabo.

Who would stop Lebron and Wade?

James just wouldn't let this happen

3. torocan

torocan Member

I'm sure Durant thought the same thing...

4. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I thinks it's pretty unfair that it looks like the West is going to be a dog fight for everyone throughout the whole playoffs, while Miami is can practically book it's Finals ticket now.

Just in the first round of the Western Conference, it seems like every game has come to the wire and has been a dog fight in every game. There have been some blowouts, but there is a realistic possibility that all of the 5-8 seeds beat the 1-4 seeds this round. Or at least 3 of the 4 series will go the full 7 games. That's crazy! Then whoever comes out of the West; battered and worn, is going to face a relatively fresh Miami team with the best player in the planet. Fair? Lolol

The only situation where Miami will probably be just as tired is if they meet Brooklyn in the second round and the Bulls in the ECF. Both those series will be grind it out, possible of going at least 6 if not 7 games. The Pacers aren't going to be a threat to Miami, especially if they keep playing like they have been the past 4 months.

5. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

Well they've beat the team that's beat the rest of the Western Conference these past two years so I think it's safe to say they have a shot to come out of the west.

6. VBG

VBG Member

It would definitely be harder for Miami. It would be 3 difficult series. I would say they would still be the favorites overall but the probability would be down from 80% in the East to about 35% in the West.

7. torocan

torocan Member

I think they'd have a shot, but there's no way it would be anywhere near a sure bet like playing in the Eastern Conference. Not when they'd have to go through the Spurs, Clippers, OKC, Houston, Memphis, Portland, GSW, and Dallas.

8. VBG

VBG Member

The Heat would be around a 4-5 seed in the West. So their path would be Rockets, Spurs, Clippers for example. That would be exhausting for them.

The East would be absolutely hilarious then.

9. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Smart players would try to stay in / move to the east for much better chance of being successful, look at KG Ray Allen Lebron then look at Dwight smh. I'd be suprised if Melo chooses Rockets over Bulls.

10. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Is it fair? YES! It isn't the Heat's fault that the eastern conference sucks and the Pacers have collapsed. It isn't their fault that the Knicks decided they weren't going to compete.

This thread just instantly smells of jealousy. I'm a die hard Rockets fan, but every single championship team has had true experience and is ready to fight for the long haul. The playoffs are a marathon... not a sprint. If the Rockets or any other WC team is exhausted when they get to the Finals and can't beat the Heat, they aren't ready to win the championship.

11. VanityHalfBlack

That's exactly what we're discussing about. Is it a marathon for the Heat? I'm pretty sure it's a cake walk all the way to the Finals for them while the rest of the West is doing marathons.

12. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

I don't get the point of the thread you're trying to undermine something a team has no control over? You're basing your statement on hypotheticals by saying that Miami would have a hard time going through the west. Who knows they might lose in the first round of the west or sweep the entire west. The spurs had an easy rode to the finals last year and you saw what happened.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The Spurs last year had a week rest prior to facing the Heat.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Well yeah, how old are the spurs? But I do get your point though.

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

And? The exact same situation happened in the 80's. Why else do you think LA went to 8 freaking Finals in 10 years. That doesn't happen facing the Sixers, Celtics, Pistons in the East. Was it fair then? Why didn't they change the format then?

The answer is because this goes in cycles. Oh well.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Durant has no post game. LeBron does.

17. Andrew Wiggins

Except it kinda is. Lebron left the cavs, bosh left the raptors and ray allen is the reason the celtics big 4 ended much sooner than it did.

So theres that argument.

18. Andrew Wiggins

And they still almost beat the more talented team with the best players. Whats your point? It came down to missing both free throws and a crazy three to send it to ot.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You can't complain if you can't take out the lower seeds in any conference.

Next round I would understand, but not this. Not now.

20. SacTown

SacTown Member

At least you guys are coming around. Miami has basically been sleepwalking through the Eastern Conference the past 3 years. Typically on clutchfans you see crap like "Bulls are going to beat Miami this year", "no way Miami is winning a game 6 in Boston", "Pacers/Hibbert have too much size for Miami".....

and I've been right there telling you all that Miami will handle their business. It's nice to see the evolution on clutchfans now saying Miami has it too easy. That's what I've been saying the past 3 years. You guys are coming around.