1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Houston the next Seattle?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by afsarthebeast, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Grape_Swisha281

If the Rockets get sold in the next 5 years to some town in Nebraska... and they goin on the be OKC good... Oh its so on you for the jinx dude.. Think it was bad for Steve Bartman.. Psshhh

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Here is a good question. Which one of our rookies will defenses focus on?

Oops!!!;)

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lamb. Duh

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

UHMMMM Howard dude.

5. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Great we are moving to Louisville, can someone pull up, that old
    Clutch post to save the Rockets!....from 1999

6. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Nm thanks tinman that was the scariest off season

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Leaving D-Mo, Jones, Lin, White and Parsons.

8. Raven

Raven Member

More like the Pacers.

:)

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ding ding ding!!!!! We have a winner!!!

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Luddite. Jeez, I understand this site not having very many statisticians, but having creationists is so over board.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Thousands of fans they had in college? Dude, every player drafted (and many that aren't) has thousands of fans. Every player that isn't in the top 10 has a "story" as to why they weren't. Don't like the Langhi example? OK, fine. Two years ago, our own Jermaine Taylor was in the top 10 in SL scoring at nearly 20 per game. Very similar numbers to Lamb this year.

Am I saying that our rookies will end up like Taylor/Langhi? Not necessarily. What I'm saying is that we don't know much more than we did two weeks ago. They went out and had a nice week of glorified pick-up games, with no offensive schemes or sets and against defenders that aren't even trying. Am I encouraged? I suppose; I'd rather see them look good than bad.

That said, one week means very little in the grand scheme of things, especially against such weak competition. The odds of any player not in the top 10 being a legit star are astronomically long, and it takes a hell of a lot more evidence than what we have to change that. As such, if you can acquire a star using these players as bait, that's a lot more logical plan than hoping and praying that one of your mid-round rookies bucks all historical precedent.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yes! And that's exactly the problem. The Pacers are in an even worse position than we are. A roster filled with good-but-not-great talent, limited-to-no cap flexibility and no real ability to jump to the Miami level. If I had to rank the odds of every NBA franchise to win a title in the next decade, Indiana would be in my bottom five. Part of it is out of their control (market), but a big part is clinging to "pretty good" young talent that have since been re-signed to fat deals. They never bottomed out and they never cashed in their chips for a star, either. That's the model the Rockets would be following if they turned away Howard/Bynum and foolishly clung to the dream that one of these rookies will "develop" into a legit star.

13. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

[​IMG]

14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Houston is the next seattle.
    [​IMG]

15. RyanB

RyanB Member

We need one franchise player to make the difference
    94 Rockets were built around Hakeem( i know he's the best); all the other players were not top 10 players: Mad Max, Cassel, Smith, Horry ,Thorpe

so who knows if a trade for DH12 or a draft in 2 or 3 years and we get our superstar to contend

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Clutch Crew member Jeff will prevent the Rockets from becoming the next Seattle -- trust in Jeff.

17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

None, defenses will be able to play man up on us. No game plan necessary, our rookies will get pushed around and hit te wall half way through the season and you will be sitting there saying "we should've traded for Dwight before our rookies hit the floor"

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Houston is nothing like Seattle as far as the city goes. We are one of the largest cities in the country, we arent moving our basketball team. Now as far as "evolving" into a Thunder team the way OKC did, I wouldnt say we have the pieces to do so.

19. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

damn OKC is gonna have two teams??

20. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

and then in like 2 years, our rookies will be in Orlando making a name for themselves and Dwight will either be in Brooklyn or in Los Angeles, and we'll be wondering what the hell happened. and the rest of the league will think of us as the stupidest franchise of all time. and morey will get fired. mchale will get fired. and our best player will be Jeremy ****ing Lin. you like that scenario?