1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Houston cursed??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by GlenRice, Oct 12, 2009.

?

Is Houston cursed?

1. Hell Yeah we are cursed!!!

30 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. Nah our coaches are just plain horrible..

27 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. Who cares, i'm gonna go get laid cuz i'm depressed..

5 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Drayton is in no way cheap. $100 million payroll completely refutes that bs. Drayton may make stupid decisions based upon what the fans "want" but he isn't a bad owner or a cheap owner.

McNair may not get it, but he isn't cheap or a horrible owner who coaches and players wouldn't want to play for. He will get it right at some point and it will be great after that, but the process of getting there is definitely killing a lot of Texans fans.

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'm with you. At least we are not the Browns.

3. Happy187

Happy187 Member

There is always The University of Houston Cougar Football team (currently ranked 18th in AP and coaches and ranked 21st in the BCS) . :) They have a 10-2 record this year and they going to the Conference USA championship this Saturday at noon on espn2 vs East Carolina!

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Curse of Bud Adams is the only curse I'm aware of.

5. msn

msn Member

pay attention, or don't talk about baseball.

6. msn

msn Member

The only "curse" Houston football is under is one of mediocrity. And that's created by coaches and players, not by "football gods" or some other cosmic force.

You want to end the "curse"? Hold on to the damn ball. Don't drop passes on 3rd and long, and manage the damn clock like you've been in the league a year or so.

That, at least is a good start.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Learn to read, or don't reply.

8. msn

msn Member

I read your mindless drivel just fine.

...disagree. Sports franchise owners are strange enigmas, and they're that way everywhere.

"Almost"? That guy also *drafted* the Twin Towers. "Next!"

Again, don't talk about baseball until you actually pay attention. Drayton is as cheap as I am Korean. Lots to complain about with Drayton for sure, but "cheap" is the mantra of the uneducated fan.

That franchise isn't in Houston anymore. And, while I don't like Bud, he did play a huge role in starting the AFL, and he kept the team here for several decades. Luv Ya Blue was a golden era in Houston Sports.

LOL. So, you'd rather have Jerry Jones or Al Davis?

Drivel. The only "curse" I see is one of poor logic and bad writing.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

WOW! And I thought D&D could get vicious! Hammers and tongs ain't in it. :eek: :p

10. ApuN

ApuN Member

If you have followed the Astros after he spent big on the Swindell-Drabek debacle, there is no question Drayton has been one of the cheapest owners out there relative to city size.

11. msn

msn Member

are you a revisionist historian, incompetent with math, or both?

Also, you're obviously unaware of what a media market is and how it affects a big league franchise.

$100M isn't "cheap", regardless of how you slice it.

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Face it...

Rockets= sucking
    Texans= suck
    Astros= extreme suckage
    Dynamo= sucking

I keep trying to think of some kind of logical reasoning for it, but there seems to be none to fit my needs..

The Rockets have a bunch of talented players but can't seem to put it together.

The Texans also have a lot of talented players but Kubiak and Bush are a joke.

The Astros... well come on they are the epitomy of the curse if there is one..

The Dynamo had those two good years and now they are bad..

Is Houston cursed? Or are our coaches just that bad?

P.S. if we are cursed somebody please freaking help!!!!!

13. Mr. Space City

14. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I had to bump this thread.

15. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I was looking for this one.. Couldn't find it.. Oh well

16. shsu33

shsu33 Member

They made the playoffs the first four seasons. They were screwed out of the Western Conference title against the Galaxy just last year. Meaning we should have faced Real Salt Lake in the finals, last year.
    They were horrible this year but the last two seasons were not bad just because they didn't win the MLS Cup.
    In fact, the San Jose/Houston organization had 4 out of 7 championships after the '07 season. Had we not gotten screwed last year, counting Ching's goal. (Also depending on the outcome against Salt Lake in the finals) they could be sayin 5 out of the last 9!
    As long as they can get back on track very soon, we do have a new stadium that we would like them to be winning in! They have done more than enough to suffice, especially being a Houston team!

Go TSU, 2010 SWAC Champs!!! Only Htown team that has a shot to hold a trophy in the air this year, go get it!

17. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

do NOT SEARCH THAT TERM!!! :grin:

18. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the tailgater's curse

19. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Top 10 pick here we come!!

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They made the WCF last season and lost on some questionable decisions. This is the first year they were truly bad, mostly due to massive injuries as well as world class players leaving for Europe in addition to their great GM leaving the team.