1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is he for real?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Michael19P, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Michael19P

Michael19P Member

Kwame had 16 rebounds tonight! Is this just a "one game" situation, or has he really matured into the player that people thought he would be?

I think based on his pre-season performance and tonights game, you have throw last season's criticisms out the window. I am not saying he is going to be great or anything...but he is finally showing the potential people thought him to have, and maybe even starting to live up to it.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I wouldn't get too worked up over those 16 rebounds, considering that Washington shot less than 30%, and Tor shot 35%. When that happens, SOMEONE has to rebound those shots.

FWIW, he had 18 boards.

In a "normal" game he probably would have grabbed around 10 or so.

Hell, Francis would have gotten close to 18, if the Rockets and another team combined to miss 121 shots and FTs.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He looked pretty good on the offensive end too.He has improved his low post moves and played confidently even though he has a lot to learn.