1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is having Rockets on local TV good or bad?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JuanValdez, Mar 29, 2012.

?

Is having Rockets on local TV a good thing or a bad thing for you?

1. Good thing

63 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Bad thing

14 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Doesn't matter

38 vote(s)
    33.0%
  1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Wait what happened?

2. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

GOOD. We finally get airtime and many people would see how the rockets play. It may hurt when we lose to teams by a large number but at least we got the publicity :grin:

3. onreego

onreego Member

Its on local TV though so theres no real publicity outside of Houston. It would be great if the Rockets were showing up on ABC regularly then you'll know they've made it. Does anyone else miss the NBA on NBC? Those were the days..

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

League pass in Australia costs $250 dollars? I know the US economy is bad, but seriously?

How much is it over there?

I also get unlimited Internet for $79 a month.

5. Big Time Titan

Good Lord! $79? That's outrageous. League Pass is the same here, I think they have an early bird special that makes it less but it's still pretty pricy.

6. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

I think its a good thing , for example in the office when NFL season comes everyones talking about the Texans and a main reason of that is because your able to watch em on local channels . People who arent fans, dont wanna feel left out and since its free to watch its esier for them to hop on the bandwagon. I feel this is a good move and rocket conversations around the city will go up .

7. houseofglass21

Wait...I haven't heard any news about this. So all Rockets games will now be on channel 20 as well as FSN? Or only certain games? It's a good thing for sure.

8. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

To the people complaining, go to the ****'n game. I'm sick of watching a dead arena every home game on LP. I mean, away games are better to watch.

Thank you to the people who do show up and supportr. I sure as hell would be at every home game if I lived in Houston.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Are we talking US dollars or Australian? Because they ain't the same, you've gotta look up the exchange value first.