1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Goran Dragic worth the max salary?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tuk88, Feb 14, 2015.

?

Is Goran Dragic worth the max salary?

1. Yes

92 vote(s)
    23.0%
  2. No

308 vote(s)
    77.0%
  1. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

The thing is: there is a very good possibility, that any one Team offers him the max. Are we prepared to match that offer if we get him? And if not, why should we even bother trading for him?

Every year there are ridiculous contracts - and next offseason there aren't many big targets. Dragic is probably worth something like 14-16 Million - overpaying him is probably the only way to get him.

That's the question - are we prepared to overpay him? Because we won't get him at what we think he is worth...

2. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

forget dragic let's go after george hill

3. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Positive feedback where and when it is due. This post was very well informed, well reasoned, informational. Those who usually ignore your posts should read this one. Thanks for it.

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Absolutely not, the actually brought in a hobbit (Thomas) to play point guard when the could've just locked up Dragic for the max... No way!!! Good but not great, prefer Affalo who can shoot and defend. Dragic is a below avg defender.

5. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

It is amazing, isn't it?

A lot of Rox fans think he is the difference between first round exits and the championship. LOL. What this guy has ever done in terms of helping his teams winning? For two seasons, his team had a meltdown in the playoff chase (2011 Rox AND 2014 Suns) and he couldn't do nothing about it. This season his team barely hangs on the 8th seat. And yet many of Rox fans think he is worth the max contract for the next 4-5 years. The obsession of having Dragic again is truly fascinating.

Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player, especially in transition. But he is not a star. But go ahead, pay him the max. It is not my money anyway.

6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Man enough, please stop all this delusion. Dragic is not worth the MAX in any aspect of that word. In the event we can get him on the cheap, and somehow have him opt in for $7.5 million in 2015-2016, then I guess it is worth a shot. I also do not mind renting him for 4 months, if the price is right.

In the event Rockets want to go all in, I highly prefer Lawson over Dragic, as he is the better player, just a bit shorter. 18 and 10 in a system he would thrive in.

BB

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Lawson is their 2nd option if Morey can't get deal done for Dragic

8. basketballholic

I'd think we'd prefer Tyler Ennis/MCW or even Reggie Jackson/Brandon Knight before we got down to Lawson.

9. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Pass up on Dragic!

10. stab

stab Member

Some team undoubtedly will, I'm just hoping/praying it won't be the Rockets

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Harden's next contract is likely to start at 27M to 29M in the first year with 7.5% annual increases.

13. mightybosstone

If Dragic was coming off of his performance last season and was three years younger, he would absolutely be worth the max. But I don't see him being worth anything more than maybe $12 million-$14 million a season. Anyone who gives him a max deal will probably regret it.

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

mcw over lawson?

LOL

15. mightybosstone

Yeah, I'm going to wholeheartedly disagree with this one. I'd maybe prefer Knight because he's younger, bigger and has developed into an excellent shooter this season, but I absolutely would not prefer Ennis, MCW or Jackson to Lawson, and I don't believe many people would agree with that sentiment.