1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Eddie Bigger?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacBeth, Sep 12, 2002.

Tags:
  1. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Don't know if this was posted before, but today's hoopsworld states that Griffin has grown an inch and added 25 pounds...is this true? If it is, he's definitely a pf in my opinion...Same article says that KT is likely to be traded...I have less faith in hoopsworld about trades, etc., as it's mostly just fans writing, but the Griffin thing isn't the kind of info you'd need to be an insider to know about....

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

At the summer league games Griffin seemed about 10-15 lbs heavier. He may have added more weight since then, who knows?

3. Sane

Sane Member

As I recall, Jim Boylen or Keith Jones or someone specifically mentioned that he had added 17lbs. since joining the Rockets. 1 inch looks just about right too. Maybe an inch and a half.

I think Griffin doesn't need too much more weight. His style doesn't require too much bulk, just strength.

4. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

That puts him taller (6-11 * 6-11 1/2) than Cato and about 20 pounds lighter. He is going to be versatile.

Add more upper body strength and just keep growing. He is already taller than our last great center. CD needs to teach him that Dream shake and a deadly jump hook. Learn to move around the floor like KG.

With all the hype around Ming, Eddie isn't getting enough talk. He isn't even as old as Ming... He may end up being 7 foot 250 lbs.

Who cares what position each plays, our forwards are all very versatile.

5. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

I'm not sure how much weight he has gained but as of last Saturday it's nothing you can really notice. His upper body looks about the same.
    But if he has grown an inch like most people believe he could have gained some there and another 10lbs from lifting. I know I've gained 10lbs sense
    I started going to the gym and I look basically the same.

6. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

I have a scale:confused:

7. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I suspect that the Dream Shake is not something you just learn.

8. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

It's worth a try. Ever see those Dream posters that have it laid out in 1-2-3 footsteps like a dance step guide? ;)

9. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Yes, there is a reason that he is being touted as a PF when he seems to have a SF body and skills. That is because he was 19 when we drafted him. There will be a few inches and alot of pounds as his body matures. How many of you got pushed around on the court at 19 buy guys who you would have smashed at 23. Also the body hardens between those years and the muscle gets more dense. He will be a very nice PF when he develops. I am so excited!

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

11. LeGrouper

Yeah that baseline fader that Hakeem always fell back on was just sick. No one could ever learn that. He shot that at like 80 percent.

12. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Thanks Clutch, that should just about end this thread...

13. verse

verse Contributing Member

hey Clutch, that was a great read. i come here just about every day, but somehow i missed it the first time around. oh well, thanks for the reset.

14. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

on the contrary, my belly has hardened into multiple layers of fat. So much for muscle gettin denser

15. LeGrouper

Awww Sookie! There's some muscles under that Dos Equis storage unit somewhere! Time to hit the crack pipe instead and shed that spare tire while running around the room dunking on your nerf hoop while watching Eddie tear the NBA a new one!

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

so, if EG has grown in size and game as described and Boki is the 2nd coming and Mo can and will contribute starting (almost) immediately (ouch, game 6) then why aren't the Rox printing Finals tix today???

17. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Griff is the one player who gets me antsy about the upcoming season. It looks as if Ming mania has kept Griffs prognosis and development pretty much on the down low. But to me it seems that Griffs development from his rook year to his sophmore year will be the most compelling thing to watch for. Can't wait!

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Does this stupid question really deserve an answer?

19. verse

verse Contributing Member

mmm, nope.

20. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

To think, Griff would only be starting his Junior year in college :eek: