1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Dwight Howard even a top 10 center?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RiceDaddy7, Dec 8, 2015.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yeah, and some people say D12 is a PF. We're in 2015, he's a C, or, more accurately, F-C.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Doesn't the league seem to call a moving screen violation on most of D12's picks?

3. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Maybe once a game, and he sets illegal screens pretty much all the time when his knees are farther out than his shoulders.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Didn't know they looked at that. I thought as long as the defender is perfectly still it was legal. Besides it's not that bad, or he would have been humiliated with a bounce pass through the legs and I don't ever recall one of those yet.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Setting legal screens isn't something thats common. It's now more on reputation and game flow when it's actually called. Flopping definitely hasn't helped in this matter either. Easily sell this call. Everyone in the league sets illegal screens period. There's no "legal" screen being done these days

6. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I'm sure everyone has already pointed out for pages how silly this post is, but I couldn't help myself...

I mean, you even included centers that are "going to be better"? How would you even know this? Lots of athletes with potential never pan out...like all the time. And whenever someone says, "So and so is a top 10 center", they certainly mean AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME, or else that is an exceptionally stupid comment.

And then you go ahead and name a bunch of centers that are NOT better than Dwight Howard. I mean, Pau Gasol? Greg Monroe? gtfo -- All this has proven to me is that Dwight is probably still a top 5 center (though that speaks more to how bad centers are in the league currently than anything else).

7. alethios

alethios Member

One would think that, but this is Dwight "Pouty" Howard we're talking about.

I believe he's still able to play at a high level but I don't see him wanting to that often.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what is even the point even of taking that post seriously?

9. davidghall

davidghall Member

I think he is in the West. But if you're comparing Dwight to former Rockets centers at this point of his career, I'd have to go with Zan Tabak without the work ethic.

1 person likes this.
  10. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Nobody says this.

11. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Okay, you're the GM of the Rockets.

You would say no to any one of the following trades in 2015-2016?

- D. Cousins for Dwight
    - Karl-Anthony Towns for Dwight
    - Andre Drummond for Dwight
    - Jahlil Okafor for Dwight
    - Al Jefferson for Dwight

No, you wouldn't say no to any of these 5. Don't tell me 'gtfo'.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

al jefferson? i know that guy, he sucks.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You might take Towns and Okafar for the future, but not for winning now...and Okafor plays truly awful defense.

What the heck is the obsession with Al Jefferson?

14. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

You are all over the place. Please don't start threads unless you plan on thinking it through. You titled your post with a question "Is DH even a top 10 center?" Ok fair enough question for most. So you start your post with "I can think of at least 5-7 better centers than him." Well how many is it 5 or 7? You don't even know. Then you turn your focus on to 10 centers and power forwards that you believe will be better in the future all the while leaving out a center that is regarded by most as an elite center, Marc Gasol. You give us no explanation or facts as to why these 10 are your almighty better than DH one day soon. It would have been nice to see 10-12 actual centers that we could discuss their futures vs. DH.

CF then straightens you out with your power forwards and laughable list of guys that are not even remotely good as a center i.e. Greg Monroe. Yet you come back for more this time in fantasy land GM. Saying CF are the fantasy GM and wouldn't say no to "x" on a list for DH. 1st of all no way salaries would work and even if they could the Rockets are still trying to win THIS YEAR. I know that sounds crazy to you RiceDaddy but it's the cold hard truth.

But to entertain ourselves with your delusion let's play along. Rockets aren't trading DH for Al "smoking" Jefferson and neither would I. If by the deadline, the NBA waived all trade rules and the Rockets still were playing like a bunch of scrubs then Cousins would be a yes, the other 3 would be under heavy consideration. But even then YOU still answer your original question of is DH a top ten with your own convoluted posts with a yes he is top 10 because you just listed 5 guys (not 10) you think NO WAY we could say no on but many of us will on Al. The reason we say no to Al is he is 30, suspended for violation of NBA drug policy, currently hurt, and not better than DH now and not likely better next year.

I won't tell you to GTFO but I will tell you GSFL before you post.

1 person likes this.
  15. Paaratohre

Paaratohre Member

Thank you for summarizing everything that needed to be said and keep OP in check. This whole thread is ridiculous.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I would absolutely not trade Dwight for Al Jefferson lmao

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

People here thing Jefferson is good because he would always destroy Yao.

He had a good couple of years but dude is definitely a lower tier center this season.

18. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

The point is 2016 Dwight Howard sucks. I'm right. You know it.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

You're wrong and most people know that. Dwight isn't an All-Star but he's our most consistent defensive player and has a PER of 19 while rebounding close to his career rate.

He might not be a $20 million dollar man anymore but 2016 Howard does not suck - unless you think last year's Howard sucked too. He's not at 13-14 form. But he definitely does NOT suck.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Howard is gonna bring it in the playoffs again. DH12 isn't the problem with this team.