1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Duncan joining Yao as a wussy in the eyes of Rockets fans?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by fa7999, May 14, 2004.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Zowie, Yipheng, it's kind of hard to make a bet when I admitted I was mistaken earlier. Mad Yao disease apparently causes blindness or ADD as well as hypersensitivity.

Do you really want to "get" me that bad? Chill out, or you may start becoming like Jorge...

2. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Oh come on now, the Lakers didn't throw as many double and triple teams at Yao like they did with Duncan. Yao just isn't at that level yet. Duncan absolutely torched the Lakers in the first 2 games. I think he averaged like 27 points per game in those first 2. In the fifth game he scored 21 points with 21 rebounds and that was on an off night.
    What was Yao's average?

It's painfully obvious that LA worked harder in their series against the Spurs than they did with the Rockets. With that said, the Spurs only won one more game than the Rox did against the Lakers. :D

3. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Fisher you are just full of it. I didn't even read this crap the first time.

1. There was a thread "Shaq vs. NO Yao." Where someone pointed out that Yao did a great job guarding Shaq. You wrote, quote, "Great job Kelvin." No credit to Yao whatsoever.

2. Again, I brought up those counterpoint because of your matchup argument. Of course I'm using the argument in Yao's favor, because basically you always use it against him.

Again, answer my question. Are you ever going to pass up an opportunity to discredit Yao? You are just as sensitive to anything praising him as I am of anything disparaging him. But at least I'm PROTECTING one of our players instead of always criticizing.

Oh yeah, and how about that bet?

4. yipengzhao

okay... i didn't see that admittance. you must have hid it pretty carefully. or maybe i didn't refresh.

Mad Yao disease... that's what you have. you are always mad at Yao.

oh i couldn't care less about "getting" you, i just want to see you take responsibility for your posts. don't go around hating on our franchise player and then pretend to be the voice of reason.

5. prlen

prlen Member

Agree!
    But...
    without question,you are One of the victims .

6. fa7999

fa7999 Member

He did it to TD 3 times. 3 TOs as the result. Twice it caused TD to lose balance and fall to the floor. And the camera then moved on to show a smiling Karla.

7. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

But give all the credit to Yao is also wrong IMO. That is the "Shaq vs No Yao" debate all about.

Even Yao Ming admitted in public he can't guard Shaq one on one and it is very stupid for trying to do so. We have to say Yao, Cato and the whole team did a great job double teaming Shaq, but we paid the price for leaving Malone wide open most of time and let him beat us.

One more thing, Shaq's extremely poor FT shooting also helped us a little bit, he shot something like 29% in first round series, if he could shoot 44% like he did in SA series, the game wouldn't have been that close and Lakers won't be so hesitant to give him the ball more.

8. yipengzhao

didn't say Yao deserved all the credit. i only said it irks me when people don't give him any credit.

9. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

You didn't say that, but you sure know a lot of Yao fans said that. That was why someone started the "Shaq vs No Yao" thread, implying because of no Yao, Shaq was dominate again in the SA series, as if Yao single-handly contained Shaq.

I think that is at least inaccurate.

But one thing I am sure after watching the Lakers vs SA series, even one on one, Yao will certainly do a much better job guarding Shaq than Rasho Nesterovic.

10. fa7999

fa7999 Member

How can you say that? I believe that lots of Roc fans on this board will say Rasho is a stud while Yao lacks a pair.;)

11. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Marlone got plenty of open jumpers in the series against the Spurs. For whatever reason, he was not able to hit those shots (that he made against US). If he had made the open shots against the Spurs, it would have been a rout at least in game 3, 4, and 6. And game 5 would not have been close.

I guess that Karla was a little bit irked and intimidated by TD even if TD was not within 7 feet of Karla.

12. sun12

sun12 Member

Apparently, Malone is the difference in the series against the Rox and against the Spurs. Without Malone, both the Rox and Spurs can beat the Lakers.

Think about it, If Lakers win it all this year, Malone will retire, next season, Lakers will be beaten.