1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Donny Motiejunas really not ready or do we just have something against rookies?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Dec 1, 2012.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

fire adelman!! he doesn't know how to develop our rookies...

oh wait.

2. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Good post.

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

The Pacers changed their coach, therefore the change in minutes at ~midseason. Jim O'Brien sucked at everything except the Xs and Os of his system.

4. Garner

Garner Member

Anytime your thread title involves a theory like "or do the Rockets just have it out for X?", don't make the thread.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dei

Dei Member

How? He's got as much range as Patterson but he's bigger and seems to have actual back to the basket moves.

6. Dei

Dei Member

No. I'm saying Parsons was inserted out of necessity rather than choice. Should we follow the same with Motiejunas?

7. Dei

Dei Member

Not talking about the numbers (well, somewhat about the numbers). Motiejunas looks way too good for that league. I've never heard that said about Mike.

8. Dei

Dei Member

How do you find this to be a stupid thread, jayhow92?

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Well, I'm saying that Harris looked like a man among boys when he played for RGV a couple of years ago. He averaged 27 points and almost 11 rebounds per game and was selected as the league MVP for the 2009-2010 season. He played so well in fact that he was signed by the Rockets and has also played for the Bucks. However, his performance in the NBA paled in comparison to what he could do in the D-League. Therefore we can't just assume that someone who is a D-League superstar is going to be able to bring that same dominance to the NBA.

I think D-Mo could become a very good NBA player. On the offensive end he shows skills that no other Rocket players currently possess, and he runs the floor very well. But, when he's in the paint he gets pushed out of position rather easily, and quite often ends up on the floor. Sometimes he appears reluctant to mix it up underneath the basket. I think it would serve D-Mo well to get some additional time in the D-League. D-Mo is still young, there is still plenty of time for him to develop.

The Rockets are focusing on Patterson, and Smith, and Morris to determine what they can do and to possibly increase their trade value, so I see nothing wrong with letting D-Mo get some minutes in the D-League and then giving him an opportunity to get on the court as a Rocket later this season.

2 people like this.
  10. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

unfortunately this coaching staff knows nothing about evaluating talents and they are the ones who decides who plays and who doesn't. plus, as with any coach, they will stick to the vets since it's usually the easier route to get W's for their own record which is especially important for this coaching staff (Mchale's working for a new contract, Sampson working for a head coaching job)...

11. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Oh for F'sakes we have had this type of argument ever since JVG.

Have you not been paying attention to when TJones and DMo have been playing during garbage time? They are not ready yet.

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

They say Montie is a legit 7 footer. Maybe even 7'1.

But to answer your question, I think the Rockets will slowly bring him into the rotation after the all star break.

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

You're out of your element Donny!

14. w00t

w00t Member

The only good thing I see from his situation in Houston, that he will crawl on his knees to the Lithuanian NT next summer instead of requesting guaranteed minutes and being arrogant b****... :)

15. Postcall

Postcall Member

Its because he is black. Racism is the only explanation needed.

16. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

such strong opinion based on a few seconds of garbage time

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Donny? I call him by his full name, Donald Motiejunas.

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I never said right off the bat. The rockets have not given either of their first round picks consistent minutes for two consecutive years. Patterson got time very sporadically during his first year until the very end and Morris got almost no minutes at all. It's still early in the season but so far they are doing the same thing again.

As far as teams in that range go we were never a team that was going to do anything significant come playoff time. The rockets were playing aging veterans that weren't going to do very much long term for them over giving young guys minutes. We ended up with absolutely nothing for Scola.

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Forgot to address Parsons. The rockets only had two small forwards on the roster last year so it was either Parsons or Bud. They played Parsons because he was the better perimeter defender and they only had one other option. It was much more of a case of few options than really liking a rookie.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Wow there's really no such thing as a race card things will never be truly fair regardless of race in reality.