1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Donny Motiejunas really not ready or do we just have something against rookies?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Dec 1, 2012.

1. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

What about the Nuggets, Pacers, Blazers etc. Worked out well for them when they played mid first round picks like Lawson, Faried, Batum, Granger, and George who have all turned out to be pretty good players. Like i said in my previous post, I'm not saying that DMo should necessarily be playing right now but some guys learn from playing early on and getting minutes. Maybe none of our first round picks from the last three drafts have truly been ready to play. Seems a little unlikely but maybe that really is the case.

2. tburris872

tburris872 Member

Rockets management and coaching staff

GM's and coaches have developed an eye for talent; to know who gets playing time, who to trade, who to waive/release, etc... Run of the mill fans, may be so dazzled by a certain player making an athletic play, or place too much sentimental value on certain players; that they may not necessarily see what needs to be done in the best interest of the team.

3. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

While I agree that they know more than fans I don't agree with the notion that they always know whats best. Many GMs and coaches make wrong decisions that some fans wouldn't have made and that is why the end up getting fired. The thought that coach/gm knows best is usually true but not always. They have more information and data but they don't always use it right and can be just as blinded to the best interest of the team by letting their egos or stubborn ways interfere.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

D. MO. Needs protein shakes, testosterone injections, and amino acids. Then he will be a freak in the paint thus, Sampson will have to play him. He just needs to go out there and bust some heads in, he needs to lose his composure and be a bad ass . Someone on this rocket team needs to be a bad ass. Im not talking about Patterson showing off his deltoids either.

5. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Excuse me traps. ****

6. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I guess there are only 2 ways to develop players.
    1 Unlimited playing time
    2 No playing time at all
    Umm ok

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

" we need a knife fighter on this team "...... Jeff Van Gundy

8. jocar

jocar Member

So all it takes is 1 'Lof' poster for you to shat on the entire thread, and turn this into a lof v loh, even if it's your thread? Your part of the problem bro, use your damn ignore list for real.

9. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear you. Seems Motiejunas is too good for DLeague talent but not good enough to beat out talent on the Rockets roster. Hopefully, he will improve enough in practice to make it a no-brainier to put him on the floor.

10. Dei

Dei Member

I did what?

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Parsons won the starting job right off the bat despite missing most of training camp. Something tells me we don't have anything against rookies.

12. Houstonas

Houstonas Member

Please TRADE Motiejunas. I just can't see him on the bench, he will be productive for any team except Rockets, bucouse of Coach opinion about this player. Please, don't let him sit on dat bench, he is ready to show how he can play, there is no point to send him into D-League, he looks like a Teacher vs. Students there. Trade him, cuz Rockets don't want to use him in offense.

13. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I'm on my iPhone but I'm gonna see if I can rep you

14. w00t

w00t Member

Rockets trying get MAX value from non rookies in upcoming trade, and so they get all the playing time...

15. allaroundplayer

if the Rockets could get Haywood I'm sure they would do it. He always plays good against us.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Not sure how you came to this conclusion. The leap in logic you're making in your post compared to mine, in relationship to Carl Herrera's and his response, is quite weird. :confused::confused:

The idea that Carl Herrera and I were trying to make is simply that just because a rookie gets playing time, he's not liable to develop. And vice versa, that lack of playing time doesn't not equal to lack of development. Hence, if there is no provable correlation between the two, why clamor for something that doesn't necessarily benefit the youngster? Why the incessant need to cry out for them playing when it has shown over and over that it doesn't necessarily help them? An in some cases possibility hurt them?

17. RedRacer

RedRacer Contributing Member

Why is the Harden donut green? Is he going into Hulk Smash mode? :grin:

2 people like this.
  18. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't the Rockets score 124 and win last night? And didn't Greg Smith have 13 points in just 16 minutes? I don't think the Donuts spin move was really needed last night.

Just calm down a little, buddy.
    [​IMG]

20. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Donuts will play as soon as he shows, that he can be at least a decent defender. The Rockets are in no rush. Patterson is playing great right now and is a young developing player as well - Morris is just starting to understand the NBA game and has already taking huge strides - and Smith is pretty decent as well.