1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Daryl Morey signing J-Smoove as a piece for Love in 2014?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

About 2-3 years ago I mentioned I preferred AI over J.Smoove and most people disagreed.

Back to JS. He does a lot of good things on the court but eventually does two or three crippling things that hurt the team. JS can only thrive with a dominant play maker. The most dominant I've ever seen is Magic. Chris Paul and Steve Nash have been close. Harden has similar traits but is more of scorer than playmaker & probably doesn't have the chops to direct a veteran player set in his ways such as JS.

I may also point out that the Rockets need a post threat. JS is not a post threat. I would take Aldridge any day over JS.

#41 Yodels, Apr 8, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Hopefully TJones turns out to be the PF of the future and we wouldnt have to overpay either Smith or Love.

I think this team lacks a true back to the basket player, whom that may be is a guess by anyone. When the outside shot isnt falling this team starts to panic. A Post presence would be a welcome change.