1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

is cuttino 's ego driving him from houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brahma rocket, Jul 10, 2000.

1. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

http://www.bskball.com/Rumors.htm

------------------
    johnny "red" kerr:i'm glad the bulls did'nt draft steve francis.

dan roan: why!!!!!

johnny red kerr:because he would forever be compared to michael jordan.

[This message has been edited by brahma rocket (edited July 10, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by brahma rocket (edited July 10, 2000).]

2. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Every person has a right to do what they feel is best for them but to have your agent say " don't draft a 2 or a 3 if you want the Cat to stay" and then leave anyway is rather classless. I would hope to think that Cat has more honor than that. If he goes to another team, more power to him. There are very few players in the league past or present who I will root for them to fail because it is just a game and not personal. But If Cat leaves, he will join that list which includes: Bird, Malone, Stockton, & Pippen. There are others to be sure but they are the tops on the list.

------------------
    Houston Rockets Forever!!
    In Rudy We Trust

3. New Jack

New Jack Member

Cat and Francis not friends anymore???

I guess there goes the excuse about keeping Cuttino around just to keep Francis happy.

------------------
    You ain't gotta like me, you just mad cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be.

4. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Member

This all sounds like BS. If Cat leaves he leaves because some one is promissing him the ball in every situation & I don't think any team is going to do that unless they are very bad off ofensively & then they will have to be considered a very low lottery team. I just don't see the glammer in that when you are already on a rebuilding team that has an outside shot of getting out of the Lottery with the Mid-West getting older.

Also can't the Rockets match just about any offer made be another team??? Isnt he restricted like Rashard Lewis? I don't exacly see any other teams worried about losing their restricted free agents we seem to be the only ones holding our breath.

------------------

5. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Carroll Dawson even pointed this out in a draft-time interview.

------------------
    The ClutchCity 500.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Don't go Cuttino!

Hey, that rhymes. Lets make it our rally cry. Quick, somebody go print some T-shirts and do up some billboards. Hey, if it works for DUncan its gotta work for The Cat.

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

7. BskBALLcom

BskBALLcom Member

I dont really belive bskball.com

**** Your entitled not to beleive me, that does not make it untrue...

I read a report earlier posted by someone respected on the BBS that Franchise, Shandon, AND Cat have been all working together.

**** and who would you expect him to be working out with? As of July 1st he has been meeting with teams, so I don't know thats an accurate assesment of where he is now. The point of the matter is he is not consulting Steve Francis as many Rockets fans say he is. Cutino told Bill the RocketGuy and myself, this season in orlando that he felt God did not like greedy people. But would you pass up a $6 million a season deal, and a chance to play next to Vince Carter to take an exception in Houston?

I think that bskball.com just doesnt have much to talk about so they're trying to make a big deal about everything.

**** No, there is not much to talk about, but considering a blow everything up, isn't that what its about.I try to give all 29 teams run. And the latest on the Rockets revovlves around Cutino and his ego..... The trading of Bryce Drew and Walt Williams. It was assumed the Rockets would take a SF so Walt was considered a gonner, but seeing they did not draft a SF, he seemed like he was going to be retained, but if Cuttino walks, they will deal Walt.

------------------

8. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

In defense of Bskball.com, Cuttino is probably not practicing with Shandon and Steve right now. Isn't Steve Francis playing in Asia with Shaq et. al. pushing the NBA in other markets (other than Vancouver [​IMG]).

Luckily, I know that they're just keeping the Hill announcement 'close to the vest' as it were, since the Rockets don't want to enrage Cuttino. [​IMG]

------------------
    The ClutchCity 500.

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

lego my ego.

Shandon better start practicing his shot ...

at least Mobes leaving would increase cap room for next year. And give Shandon and Mooch more pt.

------------------
    blah blah blah

10. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, if Cuttino leaves, it'll make perfect sense for us to draft Terrence Morris next year. [​IMG]

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.
    Collier is Seven Foot and Left Handed. How can you go wrong?
    Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

11. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Put the lid on his id and he'll stay a Rocket.

------------------
    There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If Toronto loses McGrady, and then renounces some of their free agents, they'll be able to offer more for Lewis or Mobley than the Sonics or Rockets respectively.

------------------
    Just because you're white and play basketball doesn't mean you're a Matt Bullard clone, despite idiotic accusations to the contrary.

visit www.swirve.com

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"And according to some near the Rockets, they may be receptive to dealing Walt 'the Wizard' Williams."

News flash!

------------------
    I Hate Every Bone in Your Body But Mine

14. alaskansnowman

I dont really belive bskball.com

I read a report earlier posted by someone respected on the BBS that Franchise, Shandon, AND Cat have been all working together.

I think that bskball.com just doesnt have much to talk about so they're trying to make a big deal about everything.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

15. MManal

MManal Member

The question is, will a team like Chicago or Torono pay more than 4.1 mil to get Cuttino Mobley? I dont think they would, but you never know. I think Jerry Krause would give that money to Ron Mercer before he gives it to The Cat. Remembering back a few yrs, Krause was very interested in Mercer and was considering dealing Scottie Pippen to Boston for the 3rd and 6th overall picks. That would have netted him Ron Mercer and Tracy McGrady. It also appears that the teams with cap room are more interested in Derek Anderson than Cuttino Mobley. I think we will hear a lot of talk on this, but in the end, Mobley will end up a Rocket. Just my thoughs.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net