1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Clint the key to unlocking Hooded Melo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Jul 27, 2018.

?

Will Clint's intangABILITY unleash Melo?

1. Yep

34 vote(s)
    41.5%
  2. Nope

17 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. I just want to be present for all Melo threads.

42 vote(s)
    51.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I know you are a Melo enthusiast, but is Dad Melo and Catch and Shoot Melo a real thing??

2. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I think a hoodie would be the key to unlocking hooded melo.

DreamShook, htxaf and H-Town Melo like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

finally getting around to this @DreamShook

At this point, I'm just way pass the excuses for him. He just needs to play better period. The decline didn't just start in okc. its been trending that way for years. My questions for him have been more focused on his mentality and defense. This system is obviously an improvement but he still needs to be able to put the ball in the basket and improve his efficiency. The numbers don't typically translate up as far as role players and everyone's "open shots" narrative. They typically remain just about the same or slightly down in some cases from what hou's shooters have done in their careers

#44 YOLO, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    DreamShook likes this.
  5. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Sir, I disproved this theory sir.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

H-Town Melo likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

One way to look at Carmelo is through expectations.

Take Eric Gordon for example. I would say he has been a solid player on the Rockets. He can be up and down, but when he is up, he is a high ceiling and can be an impact player. He is important to them.

If I was to tell you, the Rockets were adding another "Eric Gordon" level player to the Rockets for VET MIN...what would you say? You would take it in a second.

So, Melo is an Eric Gordon level add. A quality scorer that at times can have a high ceiling.

Carmelo has his faults and he might not be the same player as he once was....but the player he is now is still a quality high end role player.

Again, comes down to expectations.

Deckard and DreamShook like this.
  8. liveguy

liveguy Member

Based on what evidence?

9. liveguy

liveguy Member

Exactly this.

Deuce likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think most posters here agree that Melo can still score at Gordon's level. What we are not sure is whether Melo is willing to play the EG role. Also, Gordon is the backup of Harden and CP3. Who is Melo backing up? Looks more like that he will be the starter if the roster stays as is.

The good news is, if anyone can convince Melo to put aside his ego and put the team first, it is Chris Paul. And MDA is a great offensive coach. He probably already has some plan on how to use Melo. But I am not going to assume that MDA is some kind of magician that can make anything work. Every coach has limitations in terms of what kind of players he can maximize. MDA didn't do well in LA and in NY. You may say that he didn't have enough talent to work with in NY. But LA was different. He had the talents. They just couldn't mesh. So we'll see.

DreamShook and YOLO like this.
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Based on the fact 100% of Clint's offense is created by others and Melo is a shoot-first ball stopper, not a facilitator.

Remember, D'antoni tried to make Melo a facilitator on the Knicks like Harden is now. The experiment was a miserable failure because Melo is selfish by nature.

12. liveguy

liveguy Member

So you've seen Melo and Capella play together?