1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Chris Brown the worst player in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheRealist137, Dec 20, 2009.

1. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I think he might be the worst running back to ever play a Texans down, and that's saying a lot.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I hate to say it, but if Steve is having nerve problems in his neck and shoulder that are causing his arm to go numb, I'm kinda doubting that he will effectively carry a football ever again.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Slaton is averaging 3.3ypc while Brown is averaging 3.4. Slaton's would be far worse, but he occasionally has broken 20+ yard runs, which Brown hasn't done. I think the 7 fumbles cancelling out his advantage in the passing game.

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Right- that's why I said August. He'll definitely be here for camp (assuming he's cleared to participate), but no guarantee he'll earn a spot.

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Those occasional 10+ yard runs are the reason Slaton is better then Brown. Brown's average as I said is only that high because he has lower carries and gotten one or two long runs, most plays he gets 3 yards or less.

Even with the fumbling issue, 417 yards and 4 TDs are hard to cancel out, especially compared to Chris Brown multiple short yardage run conversion failures and dropped passes. Slaton was great this year, but he was still a more productive offensive weapon, while Chris Brown other then the occasional block for Matt, has brought nothing to the team's offense nor the short yardage game he was supposed to bring.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

His longest run is 13 yards. Brown is more often getting 3 yards. Slaton is the one getting stopped no where on the majority of his runs. Slaton would be making the same failures as Brown. Outside of one big game by Moats, not one Texans RB has been effective as a rusher this season. The O-line or the coaching staff suck when it comes to rushing. To put this all on Chris Brown is unfair. He didn't get in on a goal line stand. It happens a lot in the NFL. Another time he fumbled, and it was his only fumble of the year. Then his COACHES put him in a position he wasn't comfortable with.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Kubiak praised Brown's ability to pass block on 610. Wonder what Brown has done to get so many brownie points from the HC.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Nope the Dallas Cowboy's linebacker Barbie Carpenter is, hence the nickname given.

9. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

C.J. Spiller would look good in a Texans uniform =)

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think it is between Chris and Kris Brown

11. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I agree with you on the O-line sucking this year but here are Chris Brown's rushing stats.

Week 1: Attempts 3, Yards 15, Longest 11
    Week 2: Attempts 8, Yards 25, Longest 12
    Week 3: Attempts 8, Yards 19, Longest 5
    Week 4: Attempts 0, Yards 0, Longest 0
    Week 5: Attempts 4, Yards 2, Longest 1 TD run
    Week 6: Attempts 9, Yards 45, Longest 10
    Week 7: Attempts 4, Yards 14, Longest 13
    Week 8: Attempts 7, Yards 22, Longest 7
    Week 9: Attempts 0, Yards 0, Longest 0
    Week 10: Bye
    Week 11: Attempts 11, Yards 36, Longest 7
    Week 12: Attempts 11, Yards 56, Longest 12
    Week 13: Attempts 6, Yards 15, Longest 8 TD run
    Week 14: Attempts 3, Yards 7, Longest 3
    Week 15: Attempts 3, Yards 2, Longest 2

Other then a few spots here and there (such as the dispaointing month of November), Brown has usually gets half of his rushing yardage in games from one or so run. Considering he is supposed to be the "Power" RB him averaging .1 yard and not making up for it in any other way like Slaton at least did with his averaging 9.5 receiving yards by far makes him the worst then Slaton in a production stand point.

Seriously, Slaton's 3 rushing TDs, 4 receiving TDs and 854 total yards of offense compared to Brown's 3 rushing TDs and a total 331 total yards of offense. There is no question which one has helped us win more games then the other.

Even Slaton's fumbles only one came during a Texans' loss.

12. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Chris Simms might have something to say about that, then again I'm a Broncos fan and I was absolutely pissed on his performance against the Redskins, he basically gave that game to them, He probably thought he was playing on the Redskins. Piece of garbage.