1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Chandler Parsons Untouchable?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketboi, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, they would...and it would take A LOT for me to think about dealing Chandler.

Unless somebody blows our socks off, the Rockets and Parsons should be left to develop together. Seeing him facilitate the offense, handling the ball making sweet passes in traffic/and on the break...Chandler has the proverbial "feel for the game". It's an understanding of what's happening out there and how he fits in. Very good court awareness. He CAN get to the rack too ...we've seen enough to know this will come.(another reason to improve those FT's) Combine this with the INSANE DEFENSE... and an improving J ..... THIS is why he was SEC player of the year. Chandler's already arguably the best player on the court some nights and is showing why he will be a BIG WINNER in this League.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

True.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Parsons would start on most playoff/near playoff teams in the West (East is very strong on SF play though):

Would he start?
    Denver - not while Gallo healthy
    Clippers - yes
    Lakers - yes
    Memphis - no
    OKC - no
    San Antonio - yes
    Utah - yes
    Phoenix - yes
    Minnesota - yes

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

In the sense that we would likely never get equal value for him.

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

So, he is untradeable although he could be touchable? I would trade him in KD package, but OKC will never do it, so Parsons is a keeper for the rockets.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Yes he is. The DD curse is all powerful

7. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Let's just say he's a keeper. Saying he's untouchable is a little overboard. They're only 4 "untouchable" guys in the whole league by my count Lebron, Wade, Kobe and Durant.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Let's see how untouchable he is:

If a top 10 Lottery team, say the team with the 7th pick in the draft offered the pick for Parsons who would say no?

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, I'd say Chandler's worthy of being a 7th or 8th pick, even in this draft.

#69 Plowman, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He's not untouchable.

But it would seem we wont get equal value for him. So unless its for a superstar. Or maybe a top 3 pick I'm not trading him. He has gotten better every month, and here in March per 36

14.7 PPG
    6.2 RPG
    3.9 APG
    55% FG
    38% 3Pt

His 3 Pt shot is already improving, 36% over his last 29 games.

He is already an elite level wing defender, so if you can have that and scoring ability it is something special.

In fact his numbers this month on a per minute basis, compare very favorably with Andre Iguodalas career numbers.

The question is whether or not he will be able to maintain this and get better, in this rookie season he has given us no reason to think otherwise, so somebody is gonna have to blow me away to get him.

Obviously for a committed Howard, or other superstar you trade him, maybe staright up for a top 3 pick you trade him. But otherwise I'm keeping him.

11. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Yes you say no, he's already putting up better numbers than an average 7 pick.

12. killakim

killakim Member

http://nbadraft.net/players/chandler-parsons

This scouting report is actually pretty dead on from what I've seen of him.

"One of the most clutch players in the draft" that one might have surprised me earlier in the year, but I think his clutchness is starting to show.

"Only an average defender" This one surprised me. I haven't watched a lot (or any) of Parsons in college, but in the NBA he always seem to give them dat good d.

I know that usually 2nd round picks don't turn into all stars, but I can't help but see that in him when he's being aggressive.

13. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

Jay Bilas said it perfectly at the draft.. if Chandler played up to his talent... he would not have gone in the 2nd round

14. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

agreed

15. killakim

killakim Member

i think he's starting to now

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

I wouldn't give him up for a #7 pick blindly. I'd say that would depend on who was available. If one of the top 5 prospects in the class dropped then yes.

I would give him up for the #5 pick in this draft class a heartbeat.

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think Parsons is the opposite of a chucker. I think he is afraid to make mistakes which makes him not go for shots that he's not sure that he can make. He's too much of a team player sometimes. However, I think the coaches and his teammates have told him that when he passes up shots, it causes problems for everyone else which is why he has been shooting more lately. His confidence and shooting has gone up.

18. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Since a lot of his value is tied to his superb defense, no he probably won't be traded because you couldn't get equal value. Which I think several people already alluded to....

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He hasn't messed up Gogi though.

20. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Not untouchable. But hugely valuable contract. You don't include him as a throw-in, and you don't trade him straight up for anyone. Only way he's tradable is in a deal where we give up an expensive player (say, Scola) and get back a much better player with a similar contract to Scola's.