1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Chandler Parsons our guy moving forward?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Jan 19, 2013.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That is not likely. Manu plus would put him in Harden's league at the least.

2. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

A year ago Parsons was said to be an elite defender on the wings, albeit with no offensive game. He was considered to be the only piece of the puzzle that we had, though a lot of fans were screaming for two years to get rid of all our power forwards so that Patterson could shine, and it seemed Morey agreed.

3. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

I hope Parsons is not one of Morey's assets.
    So far, he is his only draft pick that has not only panned out but remained with the team- how about some loyalty.
    He is young, he is cheap and the ladies go crazy over him lol
    I say keep him and watch him develop as a Rocket.
    Ppat on the other hand-mehhhhhhhh

4. torocan

torocan Member

To be fair, Parsons is on a 4 year rookie contract. He really doesn't have a choice of where he wants to be considering Houston drafted him.

So no, I don't buy the "loyalty" angle.

However, he's tremendous value for his salary... he makes less than $1M per year, so he is a very nice player to keep on the roster. Unfortunately, that also makes him an excellent trade piece if an All Star caliber player becomes available, especially since we're light on decent tradable assets right now.

I don't expect them to trade Parsons, but it wouldn't shock me if the right player came along.

5. VanityHalfBlack

If they trade Parson, Lin is going along with him... You can not break up the bromance between them...

6. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

i meant loyalty on the part of the Rockets
    Morey does not show loyalty to his players, they are all assets. Thats why most superstars spurn Houston cos words get wrong.
    The way they handled the Martin debacle put them back a few years.
    Loyalty goes both ways you know.
    Actually Parsons is our best trade chip when you consider contract, age and production

7. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Parsons is a very good utility player but he has no explosion...

8. slabhurta

slabhurta Member

Solid role player that won't hurt your team that much. He is far from a star or poses star qualities.

9. jocar

jocar Member

lol he looks like an evil leprechaun there.

On Chandler's contract, he's definitely our guy- either starting or 2nd unit if we can sign an upgrade. He's been missing so many shots/layups recently, I wonder what's up.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I like him a lot, he and Omer are tied for the second most valued on this team with Harden being #1 to me. Then you got the back-ups that are doing pretty nice in Delfino and Smith. You got Douglas and Beverley who have shown streaks of gold but also streaks of copper. Lin has in a grey area for me, Morris then Patterson are trade if can's. Can't judge Jones or Motiejunas yet....neither white.

Thats basically how i rank the team, definitely hope Parsons is with us going forward along with Asik.

11. jocar

jocar Member

u asked for it!
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lf9NxCosQG4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

haha anyone else notice lin giggling like a 1 15 yr old girl on her quinceanera.
    Parsons, you sly dog you

13. larry cook

larry cook Member

^^^^ funny stuff

14. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Chandler Parsons is a keeper!

15. HardLin

HardLin Member

Chandler Parsons is versatile and inexpensive. He's a keeper. In fact, was I trippin' or did he spend some time at center at the end of the last game?

16. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Glorified Trevor Ariza lol...Ariza will never be the shooter that parsons is right now in just his second season.

17. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Is this guy serious?

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Won't ever forget this weekend. Thank you Houston.</p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/303564318144860160">February 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The city won't forget him, either. Thank you Parsons.

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

If he had a consistent 3 point shot he would be a keeper, but he is too streaky

20. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I think he's actually a good defender. We just have to reduce his offensive responsibilities, and I bet his defense improves.