1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Cecil Cooper a keeper? NOT!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by WoodlandsBoy, Sep 15, 2007.

1. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

I say we need a new manager. This guys doesn't even know baseball 101. Having Loretta batting 5th or 6th in the lineup is a joke.

Can we get someone who know the basics of putting together a lineup card.

2. Fuzzy Zoeller

Fuzzy Zoeller Member

Yeah, that's jackass.

But, I guess you have to give him a break since he's experimenting with the call-ups. Maybe he's focusing on putting them in spots in the batting order where they'd best fit. Or something.

But, I'm not sold on Cooper either. He's from the La Russa school of fielding defense, and has a degree in Garner with the lineup card.

Then again, maybe that's not so bad.

3. htownbball

htownbball Member

well, he has to play the youngsters, and then he has to have biggio hitting 2nd. where else you gonna put loretta? plus he's been hitting pretty well lately.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Cecil is in a no-win situation, here.

He's got a team that hasn't played well all season. And he's being judged, at least in part, by how they're playing for him.

5. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

not to mention guys like Carlos Lee have already mailed it in for the season, there is no point in playing anymore.

6. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

the astros have nothing to play for, so he is experimenting with his lineup and player younger guys. if uncle drayton can get him some quality pitchers in the offseason, he is the right manager to lead them.

7. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

who is this Sarfate guy? why would the brewers give up a guy that throws 98 for cash?
    anyone know if he is just too wild or what?

8. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

There is no reason for Loretta to bat 5th or 6th. Why isn't Bruntlet playing? Loretta sux. His numbers are worse the Everrets over the last 8 weeks and still is "protecting" Carlos Lee most nights. CC is not the right man for the job. HE FAILED THE AUDITION.

9. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

your entitled to your opinion. uncle drayton knows he is looked upon from the outer circles as one of the only owners who doesn't have an african-american player and executive working for him in his organization.

he will attempt to make an appeasement by hiring an african-american manager.

just wait and see.

10. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

dude you do know Pence batted 5th tonight... Wednesday was the last time loretta hit 5th and he went 3/3 HR.

loretta batting 5th is not the problem... he's hitting .321 batting 5th, that's 4th in NL among players batting 5th.

11. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Carlos Lee has really dissapointed me this season . I'm not talking from a statistical standpoint , hes been great in that category . His lazy demeanor and lack of seeming to care has made me grow frustrated with the guy . If you're out in the field , play hard or sit down , thats always been the way I was taught to play .

Coop is in a sad situation . As mentioned , it seems as more than just Carlos have given up and mailed it in .

12. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

play Mike Lamb damnit! Hes way better than piggy boy Wiggington

13. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

he exceeded virtually every expectation i had for him. he's a better hitter than i imagined. he is far and away the best offensive force on this team and was a very legit all star.

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Wigginton will do fine..unless you can find someone out there that's a real upgrade then stick with him...cause as it is him and Lamb are about the same.

16. MaxwellsTemper

Carlos Lee has been the only steady, consistent, and legit hitter this team has had all year.

17. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

If you read what I said , I said not from a statistical standpoint . Hes been great . Is it OK for everyone not to be happy with him , or do we all have to worship the ground he loafs on ?

18. MaxwellsTemper

He's been great, but don't be happy with him I guess. I don't know anyone is worshiping ground around here.

19. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has trouble finding the strike zone...issues a lot of walks...or he used to. Good news for us.

20. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Thats cool man , I wasn't trying to pick a fight . I was just stating my opinion on the guy . If it weren't for him they would be in a bigger whole than they are now . I'm glad we have him .