1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Brooks Playing Himself out of Rockets Uniform?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Mar 1, 2010.

1. faraza84

faraza84 Member

haha i saw that and was like "isnt that the guy with a blue ox"

2. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Bosh has only played one full Season in his career. Although he's a double double waiting to happen I'm not sure we need him. Yeah it's nice to have more weapons but not if you have to give up such a deadly wing player. Too have two now that's special. In Todays NBA guards have more value than Forwards. Besides Scola Is more than a capable forward.

If Morey were to try to trade for Bosh he would definitely try to low ball them seeing how Bosh is most likely gone anyway. He hasn't been happy in Toronto for years.

3. dexkk

dexkk Member

I wouldn't think twice about giving up Brooks for Bosh. It's no knock on Brooks, I'd trade away Lowry too if Toronto prefers him over Brooks.

Here are my thoughts...

Brooks is a top 10 point guard. (True / False)
    Bosh is a top 3 power forward. (True / False)
    Big men are harder to replace than guards. (True / False)
    Brooks is way younger than Bosh. (True / False)

Of course if Morey can somehow get Bosh without getting rid of Brooks, I'm all for it. However, if Toronto is asking Brooks as the main piece in the sign-and-trade for Bosh, I'd do the trade in a heartbeat.

Even though I advocated that Brooks come off the bench... it doesn't mean I don't think he's talented. I just thought he could off/set the lack of bench scoring left by Landry's departure. He is definitely more talented than Lowry but Bosh is more talented than both of our guards.

Who knows, if Morey is truly a wizard, he may be able to pull off a Bosh trade without losing any of the core pieces we have.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

You missed some key points:

Brooks is and will continue to be less expensive than Bosh (True / False)
    Brooks is at his ceiling as a player (True / False)
    Bosh is is at his ceiling as a player ( True / False)
    Brooks is a better fit with this team than Bosh ( True / False)

5. trugoy

trugoy Member

Corrected for you.

Brooks is in the bottom half of starting NBA PGs.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Hold up, hold up....I cant believe some of you are saying that Bosh isnt a star...the dude is one of the best in the game. I dont care if he's had 1 winning season or 4...there are way too many factors that can affect that.

I mean, they have a winning record with him in the lineup this season...lets go ahead and count that one too.

But lets get to the meat and potatoes here...Chris Bosh has the 3rd highest EFF in the NBA this season. This isnt some fluke stat where random people can make the list. I believe everyone in the top 20 is an all-star. And Bosh is 3rd, barely behind Chris Paul...with LeBron James leading it. Bosh is sitting at 27.91...Just to put things in perspective, Yao's career high is 25.8.

You know what happens when you put high EFF players on the same team? You win.

7. dexkk

dexkk Member

I agree Brooks will cost less than Bosh but that's because point guards don't usually make as much as big men (except Gilbert Arenas; still don't understand why Washington gave him that ridiculous contract).

I agree with Brooks not reaching his ceiling yet but Bosh has also improved every year and is barely a year older than Brooks. Even if Bosh has reached his ceiling, is that so bad? He's averaging 24.5points, 11.4rebs, 2.3assists on .525 fg%.

Brooks does fit with this team because he's such a scoring threat (esp. outside). However, without Bosh actually being on this team, you can't make the assumption that Brooks fits better than Bosh.

8. nomad_balla

nomad_balla Member

not even close. i would trade for bosh in a heartbeat.

9. trugoy

trugoy Member

Steve Nash
    Chris Paul
    Chauncey Billups
    Deron Williams
    Rajon Rondo
    Gilbert Arenas
    Tyreke Evans
    Derrick Rose
    Russell Westbrook
    Andre Miller
    Jason Kidd
    Baron Davis
    Tony Parker
    Monta Ellis
    Jameer Nelson
    Mo Williams
    Devin Harris

10. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

For the Rocket's offense the only PGs I take from that list without thinking about it over Brooks are Nash, DWill, CP3, Billups, Parker, and for a one year rental Kidd.

I'd give strong consideration to Ellis, Rondo(even though he can't shoot), Rose, and Westbrook.

The rest of those guys, gimme Brooks.

11. Master_GM

Master_GM Member

lol dont worry. hes got another good 7 years till he loses his athleticism.

-MG

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

trugoy, you're hilarious.

Hilarious and wrong.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

fixed for you

14. trugoy

trugoy Member

See you are factoring salary and contract length into it.

If Baron davis is playing for $1.1 million a year, you telling me you'd rather have Brooks for the same contract?

15. trugoy

trugoy Member

ignoring contract length and salary who is brooks better than on my list.

16. trugoy

trugoy Member

C'mon that's just complete homerism.

You think if you asked chicago fans if they would trade rose for brooks they would "give strong consideration", same with boston or OKC or Warriors?

17. mms

mms Member

When Yao comes back, the whole team has to slow down and play more half court offense. Will Ab be as effective?

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I would have to agree with you. IMO, Brooks is ahead of at least half of those players, taken all variables into consideration, including youth.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Baron Davis had nine turnovers tonignt...NINE

20. trugoy

trugoy Member

We are not taking all things into consideration, we are talking about WHO IS BETTER, disregarding, contract length, salary, youth.