1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Brooks Playing Himself out of Rockets Uniform?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Has Bosh ever been able to get a team out of the first round in the Eastern Conference?

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And you want David Lee? Someone who has never got his team to the playoffs :confused:

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bK-Dqj4fHmM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bK-Dqj4fHmM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. choujie

choujie Member

Brooks is playing himself back to Rockets again.

Get real, AB is a very nice offensive player to have, but trade AB + picks for Bosh is simply a no brainer. In fact, other teams would offer a lot more to get Bosh, Rockets doesn't have much chance here, if at all.

I know with a good shooting game in the future, AB will be overrated by fans again. But relying on hitting shots only isn't going to make AB consistent enough to be an all star. Besides shooting, he must develop other skills to impact the game in a different way.

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

This may have been the worst three point shooting night for Brooks this season. And sorry, but Brooks runs the offense the way he is supposed to. So that talk about not bringing anything if the shot isn't there is hogwash. Bill Worrell said it best tonight in that the whole team was standing around. That includes Aaron Brooks, but that also indicates that there wasn't a whole lot for Brooks to look for as far as getting his teammates good shots.

When you look at the shots he took you have to ask. Was a better shot available that possession? Was someone open that he could have hit for a better look? Did he hesitate and make the shot tougher than it had to be? IMO those are not things that Brooks generally does. You might find isolated examples, but for the most part he only shoots when its the right play. Tonight those shots did not go in. But you don't shoot near 40% from 3 point range without having a reasonable expectation of that shot to go in.

I am wondering if the extra minutes from not having Lowry in there are starting to take it's toll on him. You guys know I like Aaron starting, but have no problem letting Lowry get some run especially if Brooks' shot is off. Show the defense a little change of pace. Sometimes you can get a fresh angle from the bench and come in a bit better prepared. Plus the coach can go over stuff better than when you are out on the floor.

I figured next poor shooting game for Brooks would have the anti-Brooks crowd coming through here raising hell. I just didn't expect it from you Choujie. You're better than that.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well...would have been nice to have a player like Bosh in the paint there, scoring and rebounding...Embarrassing performance tonight, no excuse for letting the Kings trample all over us. We got played.

7. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Absolutely, some players rely on athleticism and not size and/or skiill. Brooks is def one of those players, just like Steve Francis. Unfortunately such players once they peak and are headed down, its usually very fast

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i'm starting to believe some of these guys never even watch aaron brooks.

9. trugoy

trugoy Member

Brooks was not that bad tonight, yes his three point shot is off, he choked at the line in the clutch(nothing new, he does this often), he made some boneheaded decisions in the 4th quarter(the turnover on the bad pass, getting bailed out by the refs on the foul call, etc...)

But his decision making in the 4th was actually better from his normal self, instead of horrible, he was only below average tonight, and that for him is an improvement.

10. choujie

choujie Member

Honestly I don't mind AB has a poor shooting night. He shoots nearly 40%, he can take as many 3s as he wants as long as the shot he takes are decent.

My point is on a day his shots are off, he doesn't have other stuff to impact the game in a positive way. Does he rebound? Does he make all those defensive stops? Does he give his teammates the best opportunities to score? The answer is no. Don't tell me the entire team standing around has nothing to do with how PG controlled the flow of the game, otherwise there is no point to have a PG.

The reply from me was not about bashing AB, just to express my feeling of how AB gets overrated by fans here for his scoring ability only. Scorers will have bad shooting nights no matter what. Without other games to back him up, a scorer simply won't be consistent enough to have positive impact to the game night in and night out, and that is something required for an All Star player. AB is still mostly a relying on scoring only type of player, there should be no 2nd thought of is trading AB+ picks for Bosh a good deal of not stuff going around.

11. nebula955

nebula955 Member

1st........he's not that old. if we compare him to a similar player of his size whose career likely ended this week, he'll have plenty of years left.
    2nd.......his shot will be there. his marksmanship from 3 won't go away and with lack of speed, he'll still be able to shoot.