1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Brooks Playing Himself out of Rockets Uniform?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

As I sit her wondering is it just me or is AB stepping up his game with Martin? And if so why?

Is it because they can't double and triple team him as much and he knows it. Or maybe he just wants to show he is still the premier offensive player on the team. Or perhaps he just feels more confident in his teammates which gives him more confidence in himself.

Whatever the reason he may be just playing himself out of a Rockets Uniform and into Toronto right now. If Toronto ever had any doubts about AB's ability and whether to take him in a trade for Bosh those are mostly being eliminated tonight. I think the Raptors would be hard pressed to find a better deal than our lottery pick and Brooks.

But now I am wondering would I really want to do that deal. I have never seen us look so impressive at the guard spot. yes not even when Tmac was playing at his peak did the back court as a whole look better than lately. So if Toronto was willing to trade for AB , our lottery pick Jefferies and some fillers for Bosh would you do it?

Before that was a no brainer. Bosh is just too good but now I am not so sure. Man I can see this team with a healthy Yao, Marting and Brooks just being too hard to stop for anyone. So do I want to mess with that possibility. I would have to say I still think Yes but it is definitely not an automatic decision as just a couple of weeks ago.

2. Charybdis

Charybdis Member

It would suck to lose Brooks. But I'd rather have him play well than not play well. We can either keep him, or move him for better assets.

Win-win, IMO.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

brooks has been ballin for over a month now....fans dont notice when the team loses though, well they do, but after a loss AB is "not a good pg, just a small sg", as oppose to when we win, then he's "on his way to being an all-star".

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

Bosh>Brooks and more importantly would impact this team more than brooks..just look at how bad the raptors are doing without him.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

AB should not be a deal breaker but, kind of like the Martin deal this season, I am sure Morey will try everything not to include him. Bosh is a Superstar you do the deal...no doubt.

6. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

this is the first time we've had two offensively capable players in the back court. we should be hard to guard on the perimeter now.

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

You're questioning AB for Bosh? You insane? I would easily trade any two players this team for Chris Bosh. Yao + Bosh + Martin + the good role players we have would destroy everyone.

< Good. >

8. PeppermintCandy

Bad box out by Andersen on Rasho.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Don't see Brooks being included in a trade. Our pieces for next season are Brooks/Martin/Yao. We are looking to add to that. We would only trade Brooks for a Chris Paul style upgrade at the point and that is just not going to happen.

The most likely scenario for obtaining Bosh is by using some of our other talent such as Battier aand Chase, plus Jeffries expiring andour draft pick. It is most likely going to be a three-way deal invvolving some team like Minnesota. Minny sends out Al Jefferson. We send out Battier to Toronto. We send Jeffries, Hill, Andersen to Minny along with our pick. Something along these lines.

Brooks is in our long term plans.

10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Brooks' defense makes him tradeable. His offense is so good that I would not trade Brooks unless we are getting a superstar in return.

11. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

With Brooks, timing is everything. You've got to trade him when he peaks, because long term, when he loses his athleticism, he's done.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

He's 25. I don't think him losing his athleticism due to age is even something we need to worry about right now.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

since when were the raptors good with him? he has had 1 winning record in his career

14. Karolik

Karolik Member

Wow...

15. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

nice assumption i was thinkin the exact same thing, the more I see brooks and martin together the more i like the potential of yao coming back next year to give an overwhelming defensive problem for every team in the game
    but the backcourt defense will be terrible though so idk
    ur kinda bein a prisoner of the moment tho cuz u need to remember what happened last game when we play against upper echelon teams, this toronto game is basically without all their go-to starters

16. Classic

Classic Member

That is correct. With Martin on the wing, defenses can't zero in on Brooks like they could when Battier and no handles Ariza were out there. Having two guards who can penetrate off the dribble and knock down the outside shot makes it easier on both and should open the entire offense.

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Good Question Old Man...

The hardest thing to get is a Good Offensive Backcourt and one that plays well together...

Right now I would have to pass...

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

We really need to keep Brooks! Think of next year when teams are doubling Yao and hopefully Bosh! We would prly have the best offensive backcourt in the NBA!

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

umm.... okay

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

AB is so quick, he plays himself right out of uniform and end up running around the court in his g-string?