1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Bill Worrell coming back next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beavis, Mar 12, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Bill and Calvin are soulmates.

Bill should quit and then Calvin & Bill can start a website where they pirate live Rockets games and stream it with their own play-by-play and commentary.

:)

2. rocketsmetalspd

Calvin should be brought back along with Bill it will be like the good old days.:)

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think the fans overwhelmingly want Calvin to return. However, the question is why does Les not bring him back? Since most of the fans want Calvin to return, what in your opinion are some of the reasons keeping Les from bringing back a fan favorite.

4. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

I would just like to let it be known I enjoy drexler/bullard's commentary. They are perfect but they are Rockets.

5. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

aren't perfect

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. houseofglass21

I love Bill Worrell, one of the best commentators in sports IMO. Been listening to him broadcast Rockets games since I was a kid.

8. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I heard they are bringing in Mutumbo and Yao.

9. Fiah

Fiah Member

Agreed!

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They will do a better job than Drexler.

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

[​IMG]
    I'm telling you, it's Watson from Jeopardy... He's got Bill's spot...

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Too many Bill Worrell Threads smh..

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

that's unfortunate bill

15. k-money

k-money Member

the last time i checked, it was only this thread and the bill worrell appreciation thread. you think that is alot?

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I really like Bill.

One thing about him is that he plays off of whoever his #2 guy is. I think having Drexler and Bull next to anyone on TV would throw them off on occasion. If you put Bill next to, for example, Van Gundy, you would have some pretty intelligent discussions.

17. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

That's such BS, I can hardly type a response.

On Draft night in 2002 what would you have done? Even in hindsight I can't fathom what the Rockets could have done to "chase history via more championships." The only other person who anybody would have selected with the first pick in the draft that night was Jason Williams who turned out to be major bust (he struggled a lot his rookie year before his accident, for somebody that was supposed to be polished and ready to play). Plus we had Francis and Mobley, under no circumstances, did we need Jason Williams. Trade back? No way, that draft had more busts in first round than regular starters. The Rockets absolutely made the right decision to draft Yao. It was the right decision then and even in hindsight it was the right decision now.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I know quite a few of the national guys do home town broadcast as well like Breen, Jackson, Marv and Fratello. I wonder if Les ever got rid of Clyde, would he pay up to have JVG do home Rocket games? Bill and JVG would be TV gold and you could keep Bull doing the road stuff.