1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Beverley really better than Lin on Defense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Nov 8, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who has been the better defender this season?

1. Beverly

30.0%
  2. Lin

70.0%
  1. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

that's why Mcsuccess is the bad coach. not a, THE. when asked about how TT work out he answered: "I dont know, we will see". what he see is only what he want to see, other than those rebounds there are tons of bad shots alongside TT. maybe he really dont know, he may never figure out why TT look awsome yet the line up always end up losing. same **** go with the "PG experiment" here. he just cant figure out. even he is not a stat guy, go over match tapes again and again like JVG did will get him closer to the answer but I guess he doesnt.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LMAO. Hilarious.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

More selective ratings for the Lin crowd. Lin was -27 when he started against Chris Paul and now you want to post the ratings for Lin vs Paul's backup and Beverly vs Paul as if that means anything. Par for the course with the Lin selective stats cadre.

4. kastuul

kastuul Member

If Beverley's D can't set the tone in 1Q,
    Lin should start so he has a stable lineup to play with.

And Bev foul trouble won't let starting lineup playing stable minute.
    It may affect Lin too.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I wasn't gonna say it, but... yeah. Last week, the LOF stance was that the +/- rating was a meaningless stat b/c it didn't take into account who else was on the court with you, so on and so forth. I also recall many people saying it was useless during preseason when Beverley's rating was head and shoulders above Lin's.

To be clear, I happen to think it's a meaningless stat. But it's interesting that its "value" fluctuates for certain people depending upon who it favors.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I can bet my life savings that if Morey had to choose between the two that who was the better defensive player, it wouldn't be lin. Did you see Crawford light lin up with those huge 3's while Paul in the end out played Bev, but it took every skill he had.

7. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Ww lost with Beverley as our best player. How does that enter the equation.

8. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I agree stats don't show context. So what was the context in the two games that Bev started and lost.

9. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Better on ball defender! There is more to defense that one on one play. Switching, reading offensive plays, help defense ,etc.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The context is that one player doesn't determine wins and losses, especially when that player has a better game than the one you're comparing him to who the week prior starting against the same opponent gave up 23 points and 17 assists and was -27 for the game.

11. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Morey said in an interview that he leaves decisions like that up to McHale.

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Justlike how lin left Crawford wide open for those daggers after another?.

13. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Rediculous. The team Physicians said he was ok to play. Why would a team risk losing him for a long period of time.

14. gene18

gene18 Rookie

They are?

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lin isn't better than Beverley and that will be proven all over again come playoff time.

16. James88

James88 Member

Wait, are you talking about the 28ft 3pt shots? YES, TWENTY-EIGHTH FEET. He didn't leave Crawford open for those. Those were ridiculous shots. If you're blaming a dude for not closing out on 28ft 3pt shots, then you're a moron. Does it have to be a nice round number like 30ft 3pt shots to register how stupid of a criticism this is?

You can talk about Lin's TOs, or the fact that he refuses to shoot 3pt shots himself, which is ****ing killing the team. But hey, Lin DIDN'T GUARD Crawford's 28ft catch and shoots ARGH, RAMBLE RAMBLE. WTF?!

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

What a load of crap. Go watch the replay, lin wasn't even in the picture . He wasn't even at the 3pt line pertending to be guarding Crawford. How about the other times Crawford beat him. They were 28 feet away. The problem with you fake fans is you can bash others like Harden and rightly so, but when the shoe is on the other foot, you get all worked up. Fake fan don't get mad. Soon you'll be rooting for another team when you'r hero is traded.

18. rokit

rokit Member

I usually love your posts, but this is ridiculous. Don't you think we need to see him run a more traditional offense and play for the coach that actually wants him on the floor, before we decide what he is and what he isn't?

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

haha this is a funny poll

20. James88

James88 Member

WTF are you talking about. I just posted an analysis of Jeremy's boneheaded passing up 3's. Where's my Harden bashing posts? Stop being a b****, and quit projecting.

28 FEET. WHO THE **** GUARDS SOMEONE FROM 28ft. If Crawford missed those, everyone would be saying LOL CRAWFORD.