1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Beverley really better than Lin on Defense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Nov 8, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who has been the better defender this season?

1. Beverly

30.0%
  2. Lin

70.0%
  1. Vankenn

Vankenn Member

The only thing PB is better at is being aggressive. He isn't better at anything else. PB is comparable to a very poor Isaiah Thomas. Nothing to be impressed about.

PB defense is overrated, way overrated.

2. peter1989212

peter1989212 Member

Agreed,but it's really hard to get a outstanding PG, I'm beginning to believe that Dragic worth 10million after all. Besides,Rockets is nowhere near a championship, they are not even close.

3. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

Amazing how fast ppl forget the phantom calls that were awarded and how bad team defense was that night, all it seemed to take cp3 to earn an assist was to toss the ball in the air.

4. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

can't be a playmaker when your SG dominates the ball.

5. bonny1

bonny1 Member

Last season yes. This season not so much. Lin is a better attacker, organizer, team defender and shooter.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It doesn't matter which one is the better defender. Both are flourishing in their roles.

7. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

and how exactly is Bev flourishing in his role?

8. munco

munco Member

This is perception versus reality. Lin has been better so far this year. I love how Bev is bothersome and disruptive but aside from CP3, Lin has shut guys down this year.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You mean when he has played? He has done enough. He has only had one bad game.

10. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Has anybody who voted in this poll actually watched the games? Lin is getting blown by on a consistent basis. Lin has been better than Harden on D but definitely not better than Beverly.

11. munco

munco Member

I think you haven't been watching the games. Bev as great as he is has constantly been out of position by being overly aggressive. Outside of the Clippers game, Lin has been great on D. And even in that game he wasn't bad but he did get juked out of his shoes a few times.

12. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

PGs have blown by Bev a lot too. I dont think you've been watching games either.

13. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Lin, not yet, but IMO will be.

14. dxdx

dxdx Member

We're not even relying on the PG position for actual playmaking. The assumption is that Harden is Lebron-esque in shot creation and enabling plays; Howard shall rebound and post-up. PG are supposedly spot-up ball pushers, who play great defense.

I don't get what you're saying. Lin is arguably, the second best in the team in terms of creating and enabling plays, only if the coach allows plays to run through him; we saw this in Linsanity, and again in the whole of last season as the facilitator role.

In any case, we are lacking in the PF role, now that the TT is clearly a failed tactic. The PG role isn't even that big a deal.

15. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

where is your prove then. oh your eyetest? ok another mcsuccess.:rolleyes:

16. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

He already is a decent starting PG got em 3-1 start, yet mcsuccess still think the minimum contract guy is better, we already saw the horrendous first Q one more time in the lakers game and soon we gonna see it once again, thx to mcsuccess bring in the ugly sticky bball. oh did he mention sticky in the last interview yet again?:rolleyes:

17. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Beverley is much better at fighting over screens, Lin constantly gets stuck so it drives me crazy. I've seen numerous plays where his player goes by two screens, catches and shoots and Lin fouls him because he was stuck and is late to contest the shot.
    Otherwise, both are very solid on defense and I really have no problem with either one on the court.

18. kastuul

kastuul Member

It's because they energy level was different last season.

Bev. joined the team in the mid-season and he didn't play too much.

He was not on the scouting report.

19. NewBigThree09

NewBigThree09 Member

I actually think Lin has been better this year but not by much.
    PatBev's ultra aggressiveness often ends up costing an easy drive and score/kick for the opponent (happens more with elite PGs). He's out of position more often than not. This kind of defence will not work against the good PGs in this league.
    Lin on the other hand hasn't been great either. He doesn't show good lateral movement to stay in front of defender and isn't has good fighting over screens as beverley. However, he sees the floors well and does a decent job of getting in the passing lanes.
    Both get lost on back screens at time. I'm sure both their defence would improve over the course of the season.

20. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

What I was saying was that, Lin right now isn't a PG that could push a team to be a championship contender without two transcendental talents like Wade and Lebron. But I think he has a chance to becoming one, in light of the improvements he has made this summer.