1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Beverley really better than Lin on Defense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Nov 8, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who has been the better defender this season?

1. Beverly

30.0%
  2. Lin

70.0%
  1. gene18

gene18 Rookie

*the first numbers of the above table are Lin's and the second numbers are Beverley's. Sorry for the poor layout of the table.

2. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

How can anyone can compare the two clippers games (small sample sizes be damned!) that paul had and not account for aaron brooks spraining his ankle and more importantly not bring up harden's d in the first game. The lack of effort was just disgusting.

Code:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NIyiEc1741s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

i clearly have no idea how to embed videos.

4. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

And you can ask Kemba Walker and Steve Nash who they had more trouble with out of Bev and Lin? Both guy are wishing they could play against Bev everyday.

5. ed_tx

I don't think anyone said either of those things in this thread.

6. ed_tx

Then what's he doing jacking up a ton of shots and going 1-10??? Bev has had two games with 0 steals, one game with 1 steal and one game with 4 steals. That doesn't sound consistent to me. Sounds like someone who basically showed up defensively for one night but not the other 3.

And if he prides himself on defense, he needs to do it all the time. Watch the game tonight Badlee. I will be there and maybe I can get my buddy to trade seats with you and you can sit next to me. Let's count how many times Bev doesn't fight through a pick or leave his man wide open. We can do the same with Lin. Loser buys a couple of rounds at the JD Bar. :)

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

I watched LP archive yesterday and bev was picked by clippers' bigs many times. he trailed his man almost 90% times.

the big concern I have for him is to stop showcase when getting a steal or block. cp3 was clearly mad and immediately got bev to pay back, not only waking up cp3 but also getting himself into foul trouble.