1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anyone excited about the 2013 NBA Draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sydmill, Nov 24, 2012.

1. CertifiedTroll

The player I really hope the Rockets will get is Marcus Smart, freshman pg from Oklahoma State. His numbers are great, he has a NBA body at a young age, and seems to be a true leader. Also he isn't projected to go in top 20 (according to draft express, but I believe that judgement was made thinking he was a shooting guard and not a point guard) so we have a strong shot at him if the front office thinks he will be good.

2. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Smart is more SF than PG, but can play the PG in college. He's a classic tweener, that would need a really defined role in the NBA.

To everyone saying the Rockets needs a backup PG, remember they have one that playing pretty well in Europe right now. Sergio Llull will be on the Rockets pretty soon.

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

I thought he inked a 5 year extension?

4. Big Red Machine

The Rockets have a backup PG right now. His name is Jeremy Lin. They need a starter.

5. Jet036

Jet036 Member

Not looking like we'll get a draft pick this year

6. Progs

Progs Member

Day after day Im starting to HATE this 2013 nba draft...
    Cody Zeller is looking more like a decent player but not a superstar...
    Nerlens Noel is very limited skill wise and is motly a defender right now...
    Shabazz Muhammed looks OK but he is a high volume shooter and not very efficient and hasn't made UCLA into a big winner and looks out of shape...

Now the two Kansas players in Mclemore and Withey look good to me...
    Man but otherwise just wait until the 2014 when the TALENT should be off the roof...

7. Big Red Machine

I agree.

Probably a good thing the team likely won't have their 1st round pick this year.

8. reckonerone42

reckonerone42 Member

Phil Pressey from Missouri could turn into a really nice draft pick. His passing and court vision are incredible. He's putting up 19 points and 17 assists tonight against UCLA. Love watching him run the point.

9. sydmill

sydmill Member

Anthony Bennett and Alex poythress are two guys that might have the game we are looking for in a 4, and, being that they are undersized at the 4, probably have caught morey's eye. My hope is we flip Patterson and Morris for a pick or pick up Chicago's for helping them dump Hamilton and parlay those assets with what appears to be a likely 12-14 pick of our own to get one of those guys or McCollum to add to what we have now.

10. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

seth curry