1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Adelman forced to play Terrence Williams now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm glad we starting to get rid of one dimensional players. The young players that are having issues on the defensive end of the floor can be developed but veterans that are one dimensional on either side of the floor need to get the heck outta here.

2. Entropy

Entropy Member

Chase is still here. And he's going to be our starter. The rockets work is not done.

3. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

you said we have plenty of options. WE DONT. T Will has to play eventually cause Budinger cannot take on all those minutes. If Budinger and Martin arent on the floor at the same time, Williams will play unless Lee plays 48 min, lol. Thabeet probably wont play this season IMO... i just put 1st and 2nd string on that line-up

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You must have had a field day yesterday...

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Maybe we can send him to boot camp. At the very least we can grow him a pair of balls. He is the softest player on our team.

6. Louka

if Chase starts, I'm done watching the rockets this season, cause it means were in tank mode

7. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Rick has already said that Chase is going to start. Let's see how he plays out... if it does not work then someone else is going to substituted.

Who closes matters more than who start. So what if chase plays crappy for first 5 minutes.. sub him out.. see what works or not.

I am more worried about who will close. Are we going to put Hayes on other's teams SF at the end? and play Patterson at 5?

Lowry/Martin/Hayes/Scola/Patterson or Lowry/Lee/Williams/Scola/Hayes?

8. Louka

good post, i feel bad about my earlier post now. I am somewhat intrigued by how our rotation will develop over the next week. :cool:

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

All i know is that if Twill doesnt get playing time now, Adelman aint gonna play him. It could be that Adelman doesnt like him idk.

10. worzel gummidge

Where are the minutes going to come from?

They moved Battier to PF to create minutes for Lee who's responded to responsibility in the last several games. So with Battier gone it still doesn't really create minutes on the wing. Dragic has a ready made position behind Lowry and according to Adelman the Suns run a similiar system so I assume he'll get Brooks's minutes at both PG & SG.

Lowry, Dragic
    Martin, Lee, (Dragic)
    Budinger, (Lee/Martin)

11. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

Kevin playing small forward would be a disaster. There's no way to justify that, at all. If you're going to try to win, keep Kevin away from playing the 3.

No matter how you want to slice it, Shane is gone, and he was averaging just about 31 minutes a game. Those minutes are going to have to be filled by someone, and it isn't going to just be Chase, or Courtney.

At this point, giving Terrence some minutes probably gives the team the best chance to win. Adelman is going to have to use the bodies he has available. He said as much.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Is this not the main, defining reason for this particular trade?

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

You type just like one of T-will's Twitter followers.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lol! :)

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No. And Ricky Adelman is the Boss!

16. Entropy

Entropy Member

No. The stubborn old man isn't going to play T-Will unless 2 of our players get injured. In fact, he won't play him at all up until the end of his tenure here as coach at the end of this year.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Well, according to the Chronic Rick the Ruler has said T-Will is now in the rotation. We'll see what that really means.