1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Adelman forced to play Terrence Williams now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Feb 25, 2011.

1. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

Remember how everyone hated Tracy because he thought he deserved special treatment? Adelman doesn't give a ****. He is breaking Williams and he is right to do that. It will do Williams good on the long run. He has to learn humility. He has to learn the coach's always right. Maybe it's not always true but usually it is. He has to learn to understand who's in charge. It's not TWill who will get fired because he doesn't give a **** about the coaches instructions, it's the coach who gets fired. If you don't respect that, you don't play.

2. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

There has to be a reason that T-Will isnt seeing the floor. This is the same guy who was sent to the D-League on a bad NJ Nets team for disciplinary reasons.

Looking at Adelman's roster management this season, there's been some reluctance to play young guys. It took him a while to incorporate PP into the roster with any sense of regularity, and Hill had to wait before he started seeing any meaningful playing time after he was traded here. But they both eventually saw the court.

I dont see RA as the type of coach who intentionally sits guys without reason, and judging from T-Will's history, I tend to side with RA on this issue.

3. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

... They did?

4. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

... They did?

17-40.

5. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

There has to be a reason that T-Will isn't seeing the floor. This is the same guy who was sent to the D-League on a bad NJ Nets team for disciplinary reasons.

Looking at Adelman's roster management this season, there's been some reluctance to play young guys. It took him a while to incorporate PP into the roster with any sense of regularity, and Hill had to wait before he started seeing any meaningful playing time after he was traded here. But they both eventually saw the court.

I dont see RA as the type of coach who intentionally sits guys without reason, and judging from T-Will's history, I tend to side with RA on this issue.

6. liljojo

liljojo Member

There was a reason he was in Avery Johnson's doghouse. There's a reason he's in RA's doghouse. Dude has obvious attitude issues, and things like that go unchecked will absolutely destroy a young team. The fact is, he may be talented, but not nearly talented enough to warrant catering to his horrible attitude.

I hope he figures it out soon, but until then, keep him glued to the bench.

Also, I don't know what games you've been watching. RA has been doing a great job for the most part with the horrible hand he's been dealt.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I expect he will get some spot minutes now and it will be up to him to earn rotation minutes from there. I don't think Adelman is forced too, but will choose to given what I expect the priorities of the team now are -- just as priorities before the deadline dictated he should not play.

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

DeMarre Carroll!

9. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Quite sure Battier was moved so our youngs can get more time (Bud, Lee, Twil)...As we're somewhat in the race, I don't see him getting much time in the next 5 games or so, but he will in the last 15 games for sure. Just have patience, we've chosen to go the rebuilding route, Twil will get plenty of minutes.

10. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Hmm, wonder what would have happened if they traded for a Melo type player then.

Coach needs to adapt to the players he has.

11. HeyDude

Quite sure Battier was moved so our youngs can get more time (Bud, Lee, Twil)...As we're somewhat in the race, I don't see him getting much time in the next 5 games or so, but he will in the last 15 games for sure. Just have patience, we've chosen to go the rebuilding route, Twil will get plenty of minutes.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I expect he will get some spot minutes now and it will be up to him to earn rotation minutes from there. I don't think Adelman is forced too, but will choose to given what I expect the priorities of the team now are -- just as priorities before the deadline dictated he should not play.

13. davestrate

davestrate Member

WOW that assessment seems right on, you sure are a smart bilingual one i wonder what other language you speak and how it helps you at work???

14. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

If you knew anything about him then you would know he is versatile enough to play the 1, 2 and 3...

15. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Hmm, wonder what would have happened if they traded for a Melo type player then.

Coach needs to adapt to the players he has. 53 mpg just got traded. If Williams still doesn't get any minutes, I'm not watching the Rockets anymore.

16. davestrate

davestrate Member

ATW seems smart, wonder what other language he speaks because that assessment was right on.... :grin:

17. HeyDude

18. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

Well if you actually knew anything about Williams then you would know he is versatile enough to play the 1, 2 and 3

19. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

F Rick I better see Williams play this sat

Lowry/dragic
    Martin/lee
    Chase/Williams
    Scola/patpat/hill
    Chuck/miller/thabeet

My line up..

20. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

... They did?