1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Adam Silver and the NBA trying to destroy James Hardens career?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTruth, Oct 25, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I noticed yesterday that Harden was trying to prove a point late in the 4th as he kept driving and driving to the rim every time down. The Refs didn't break and it likely cost of the comeback win. One the one had I'm glad James was stubborn to try and prove a point even in a loss because it's great film to send into the league. It's also good for James to realize early that you have to change it up if the refs won't budge.

RyanB, napalm06, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It is absolutely a big concern going forward

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is OP the biggest HOF on this site? He seems to care a lot more about Harden than he does about the team.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol what would Jim do when not playing basketball?

Strip club owner?

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I think this actually might be good for Harden

RyanB likes this.
  10. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

I think James might have tweaked something earlier in last game (I remember him limping briefly) and that's why he particularly looked a step slow in the Sixers' loss. He also appears to holding back a bit, b/c re-watching highlights against the Warriors in the first game, he looked quicker and more explosive than any other game so far this year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. SemisolidSnake

I don't really understand "The Harden Rule," as I'm reading about it in the rather ridiculously-biased online media. In some cases, it sounds like they're talking about his attempts to draw contact by bumping into someone when he takes a shot. In other cases, they're trying to equate it with Durant's thing where he'd just sweep his arms through a defender and into a "shot," usually from behind the arc. What Harden does on his drives is neither of those things. Putting the ball out in front of you on a drive is pretty risky unless you can guarantee you have the strength to hold on to it. And if someone slaps you on arm while you're going for a drive, that's a foul. They're reaching in.

However, Harden has also been very blatant about trying to draw fouls in lot of cases that are not his standard eurostep move. He's done this enough that he's brought the attention all on to himself in a negative way, and the NBA has no interest in the finer points of what's an actual drive to the basket and what's a clear attempt to draw a foul. If he would have just always gone to the basket clearly attempting to score and getting fouled in the process, I don't think this would have precipitated a rule named after him. It was his falling back on trying to draw fouls to get points when things weren't going well that made this happen.

In the end, he got burned by the league, and maybe too much, but, regardless, he's going to have to adjust his game and maybe even stop that signature drive with the hands out, altogether. He's good enough to make that adjustment and ditch the potential for an insurance foul on his scoring attempts, but it's up to him to realize that and make it happen, because he's not a favored player in the league, and they're not going to budge on this.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Adam Silver clearly an equal opportunity career destroyer.

[​IMG][

J.R. likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

eagerly awaiting OP's take on last night's game :cool:

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

adam silver trying to cover his tracks

15. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

NOT ONLY DID THE REFS NOT CALL FOULS ON THE DEFENSE, THEY CALLED FOULS ON HARDEN

this comes off the heels of not giving him his deserved player of the week

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I see your other thread . . . well done!!