1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iran Is Judged 10 Years From Nuclear Bomb

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tigermission1, Aug 3, 2005.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Yah sure, because the clerics are sooo suicidal and would love nothing more than to work their butts off to acquire the know-how to develop nuclear weapons and then hand them over to some terrorist group.

I am astounded by your logic (or lack thereof) :rolleyes:

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Iran has supported terrorist groups since the inception of terrorist groups 25 years ago. If Iran goes nuclear, so does Hezbollah or other terrorist groups that Iran ACTIVELY SUPPORTS. Hezbollah would like nothing more than to destroy Israel, and let me tell you that Hezbollah has plenty of fanatics among its ranks who would gladly step up to the plate and use a nuke. I'm frankly shocked that you are on this message board defending a country that actively supports terror. Are you yourself a sympathizer? People who defend terrorist supporters qualify as such, by definition.

3. tigermission1

Iran is going to hand nukes over to Hezbollah? LOL! Thanks for letting me know how crazy you are, and how very little understanding you have of not just the nature of a sovereign regime that is merely interested in political survival, but how that regime would jeopordize having its own territory nuked back by Israel or the USA just so they can hand Hezbollah nukes (a group that came into existence ONLY when Israel invaded Lebanon, in case you didn't know).

The Iranians don't view Hezbollah as a terrorist organization, nor does the majority of the world in case you didn't know. Furthermore, they don't consider Hamas a "terrorist" organization, but rather a legitimate resistance group against Israel. This is where "one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter" comes into play, much like the West is supporting "legitimate Chechen resistance fighter" Basayev, who took a role in the recent Beslan massacre, where over 300 people were killed, nearly half of which are children.

People who "defend" terrorist supporters?! :rolleyes:

Hey, I am a Muslim, so that qualifies me as a "terrorist" in your book, doesn't it? You know, the same way you must be a "KKK" sympathizer since you are a redneck from Texas, right?

You are a very little man bigtexx, but please say hi to Jerry Falwell for me. If you expect an answer for your stupid question, then you are mistaken.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

MacBeth (aka Muenchhausen, aka "Jesus") has not been on this board for a while now, so I have other things to worry about!

5. bigtexxx

I have several Muslim friends and I do not consider them to be terrorists at all. I am not a fan of Jerry Falwell, either, although I am Christian.

No need for your insults. Your defensive response tells me a lot, though. It reveals quite a bit and has touched a nerve.

When you come on here defending Iran's actions of supporting terrorists, that will rightfully lead me to ask questions (which is all I did...no accusations).

6. tigermission1

So you say

What does it tell you, liltexxx?

Yes, sure, asking me whether or not I am a terrorist sympathizer is "just a question", wasn't meant as an insult. Yah, sure!

And what insults? You already knew I am a Muslim, otherwise you wouldn't ask that stupid question, which was clearly meant to be "rhetorical" in nature (I wasn't born yesterday lil' texxx). That would be similar to me asking you whether or not you "sympathized" with racists and bigots because you are White Southerner, which would be an equally silly logic.

Anyways, it's cool dude, keep making dangerous accusations against others, hopefully it won't come back to haunt you one day if you get banned from the D&D.

Just for your "peace of mind" though, let me say that I despise almost every single regime in the region, including Iran's.

Moving on...

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Does the Iran hostage crisis ring a bell? ~ 444 days of horror for 66 US citizens and it (more than likely) changed the outcome of a presidential election.

Direct aggression against the United States.

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To be fair, 66 citizens held in an embassy during a revolution is rather mild in terms of agression.

9. tigermission1

Nice reach.

10. KingCheetah

The same zealots that supported taking those hostages could be a nuclear power ~ scary thought.

11. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Now you're just splitting hairs...

12. bigtexxx

So you wouldn't be concerned if Iran obtained nuclear weapons? Is that what you're saying?

13. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

No more than I am with Pakistan or Israel, which is concerned but no where close to justifying action. China is whom I am concerned about.

14. bigtexxx

You're in the extreme minority if you're OK with Iran having nuclear weapons. They actively support terrorists. You're OK with that. Nuff said.

15. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

As does Pakistan and Israel...

16. KingCheetah

How would we feel about a country run by Jimmy Swaggert and Jim Baker that possessed nuclear weapons?

Not so good I bet.

The point of all this is that Iran would become much more threatening if they possessed nukes. The ability to take out take out Israel with one quick blow might be too much temptation for a country run by Islamic extremists.

17. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

tigermission you have not yet commented on the skirmishes between Iraq and Kuwait along their border (seen post #6).

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

You have very little respect for the troops. They are beneath you with your alleged comparative advantage, Below even the troops in your cosmology are the Iraqis who are inhuman.

You are a follower of your hero Dubya in this regard.

Elitism at its ugliest.

19. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Well, Bush did have a disdain for "fancy pants elitists". :p

20. bigtexxx

Umm, right, I heard you the first time. Thanks for your input, as always, glynch.

I have tremendous respect for the troops. Just because I haven't signed up for the military does not prove otherwise. That's absurd, glynch. Absurd.