1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

iPod price cut?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rizzy, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

I have the chance to get a new iPod Touch 8GB for $235. I'm a little hesitant since I've been hearing that the 8GB would be discontinued, possibly dropping to $199, and the 16GB would drop to $299. Can anyone confirm or heard of this? Is this a good buy?

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Apple doesn't tend to price cut, but upgrade the models at the same price range.
    right now it's
    8 GB - $299
    16 GB - $399
    32 GB - $499

Probably this summer or fall, they'll upgrade the line and it'll be
    16 GB - $299
    32 GB - $399
    64 GB - $499

But who knows.

Personally, I'd skip on the 8 GB - it's really 7.5 GB available for your media, and videos (esp. movies) will eat that up in a flash. I have one (gift), and that's my chief complaint.

Evan

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't have any video files on my Video Ipod, but was wondering if you watch a movie on your Ipod how long the battery would last?

4. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

i wouldnt do it..

i got an iphone 8 gb for 250..

something bigger and better will come out

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member