1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ipod hard drive suddenly wiped out?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr. Brightside, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I plugged in my Ipod (80 GB Classic Video)to my newly formatted laptop and when I unplugged the Ipod, it showed I had no music on my Ipod. But when I go to settings it shows the hard drive has 50 GB worth of music on it.

My laptop didn't have Itunes or anything like that installed when I plugged in the Ipod initially.

What gives? Why did that happen? Is there any way to restore the files on my Ipod. I have backup of files on my external hard drive (not Itunes), but I don't feel like re-labeling 50 GB worth of music back onto my Ipod.

Thanks.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Have you rebooted the iPod?

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

What do you mean 'initially'? So this formatted laptop does not have iTunes on it at all?

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Brightside,

Try re-booting it first. It has been so long since I have used an iPod (My last one crapped out on me and that was bad because it was a 120 gig) but I think there is a way that you can re-start it in a "safe" mode but I can't remember what they call it. If it doesn't work when you re-start it in that mode, then your hard drive is fried. :(

5. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

This acutally happened to my iPhone, and apprently was a bug in the os. The songs weren't gone, the "index" just couldn't be read. Here's the solution I was told: Install iTunes on the new system, plug in the iPod and see if your playlists show up in iTunes. Click on a song on the iPod to play it, then unplug the iPod. Voila! Back in business.