1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[iPhone] jailbreakme.com

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TexasFight, Jan 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

I'm assuming people on this BBS have tried this, seeing as how there have been many cell phone threads in the past.

I've just become interested in jailbreaking my iphone4 to instal mywi to tether it to my new iPad to share the data plan.

However, I've read people having trouble with MMS and FaceTime when using the jailbreakme.com safari browser version to jailbreak their iPhone 4 directly from the machine. However, these troubles were reported over Summer 2010 - and I'm wondering if its "safe" to do this now in Jan 2011 (have the issues been resolved)?

I'm a novice to the world of jailbreaking and I'm nervous about doing something to render functions of my iPhone moot.

Can anyone share their experiences or point me to sources that can help/answer questions?

Thanks.

2. SunsRocketsfan

iphonehacks.com

All the info you need is on that site.

You can't use Jailbreakme.com after version 4.0 You would have to jailbreak through a PC or Mac.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

4.0.1 and 4.0 can use the website

when i was on 4.0.1 i used the site i dont recall having issues with mms and facetime (though i hardly used facetime)

using the 4.2.1 jailbreak its fine but its a pain that its a tethered jailbreak

i assume you were grandfathered in with the unlimited data plan and thats why you want mywi?

4. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

Oh, so there is no untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1????

I'm not gf'ed in with the unlimited plan. I have the 2GB plan, but i only use about 300-400MB/month. so i wanted to share that plan with my new iPad.

5. The_Yoyo

no not yet sucks cuz the one time i turned off my phone it booted back up in DFU mode and I was not near my comp to kick it out of it with redsn0w...went the entire day without it once i got it back up i had a slew of emails and txt/voicemails to respond to

just when i fully power off...respringing doesnt require it to be tethered.

6. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

what version of redsn0w do you use to jailbreak the iphone 4?

7. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

8. The_Yoyo

0.9.6b4

but say 9.7.b1 is not out with the untethered option gonna probably check that out at home later today and use that.

9. SunsRocketsfan

there is a beta test for 4.2.1 untethered.
    I'm still on 4.1 jailbroken :) nothing 4.2 really excited me to upgrade yet

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Best jailbreak that works the smoothest is the redsn0w one for 4.1. 4.2 sucks and the jailbreakme one sucks even more.