1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iphone/Itunes music help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mlwoo, Dec 13, 2011.

1. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I have an Ipod 4g. I recently got a new computer and switched from an Iphone 3gs and transferred all songs to from my back up hard drive to the new computer then to the new Iphone.

Certain albums do not play all the way through on my iphone now. The song will play for usually about 2 minutes then skip to the next track. When you look at the iphone screen, it says it is still playing the old song and keeps on saying that until the timer from the original song ends, then the title switches to the new song. The timer jumps ahead to where the new song is playing. Very strange.

On Itunes, everything is hunky dory. No problems at all. Songs play to the end. I have tried removing the albums that are the problem then re-syncing them.

I have searched forums and the only one who really answered the question talked about VBR and transfiguring stuff that sounded Greek to me.

Anyone have this problem or know how to help? Rep for help. english please.

2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

ibtv(itriol)

Not sure. Mac or PC?

Sounds like the files got corrupted in the transfer, or your database file is corrupted somehow.did you copy the database file or generate a new one?

You could try to convert the tags on the songs in question, see if that jolts them into shape. Also, you could rebuild your database (I think this would lose some information like ratings and song counts etc.) and see if that helps.

I would copy the songs from your original computer, where they are still playing properly, I assume, directly to the new computer. I also might transfer that db file, if you haven't done that already.