1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

iPhone Apps Worth Getting?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Big MAK, Dec 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Who makes it?

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Which one? Hector? Dont know. Just look up Hector: Badge of Carnage in the app store.

1 person likes this.
  3. Xerobull

I just finished a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' style game called Fighting Fantasy: City of Thieves. Any battles you encounter are played with dice rolls. It was really fun.

And it turns out that there is an entire line of Fighting Fantasy games that are getting ported to iphone/ipad. I think there are four now- I just started Warlock of Firetop Mountain and it seems just as fun so far. :)

4. Xerobull

I played through this yesterday. Really fun game with a great sense of humor. Thanks for the recommendation.

5. A00man

A00man Member

Saw this app recommended on another forum and everyone seems really impressed by it. I don't have an iphone 4, and it doesn't work on my 3g. Not sure about the 3gs. If anyone wants to try it out:

http://questvisual.com/

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h2OfQdYrHRs" frameborder="0"></iframe>

6. flipmode

flipmode Member

dragon's speech to text feature works fairly well for me.

7. SunsRocketsfan

Weather Channel App is very useful especially with all the rain. How is it holding up in LA? I bet the traffic is just insane from the rain. I just saw on the news its like record rainfall for some parts of LA. Its not too bad down here in SD.

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

decided to give this a bump to try to find some new apps worth getting. i dont really have many. i'm more interested in non-games too. any out there worth checking out not mentioned in this thread?

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Giz had an article today for their monthly apps to check out.

http://gizmodo.com/5676549/the-best-iphone-apps

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

iOS multitasking really sucks. :(

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i like playing burn the rope a lot its another simple yet fun game

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I've been doing a weekly app write-up on the Houston Press site. The one this week is on six movie apps.

My favorite apps lately are Evernote (Mac & iPhone), GroupMe and RDM+ Lite. Honestly, I don't know where I've been without Evernote. Once I added it to my laptop, I was sold. The phone app only didn't make much sense, but the combination of the two is killer.

GroupMe is handy for texting between groups of people and RDM+ Lite is a great remote desktop app that really works.

I think I'm going to try out DriveSafe.ly for next week. It supposedly provides voice support for reading texts and emails while driving - or any other time I imagine.

13. Coach AI

NBA Jam was just released on the App Store.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yEbls7BSEkw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, those of you with iPads, the very cool game World of Goo is on sale for $1. GREAT price if you are interested.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Au7g18k3_GA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: Also, Street Fighter IV iphone is on sale for .99

#93 Coach AI, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  14. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

did you get nba jam rokkit? it worth the 5 bucks? it have an online mode?

edit: dang, it costs a buck to get the other regions, thats kind of a bummer, but guess not much of a surprise.

15. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

16. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Capcom's Street Fighters IV for Iphone and IPod is $0.99 now.

Bought the game the day before yesterday but can never start a fight at all! I was using IPod Touch. Anyone got the same problem?

17. Coach AI

Yeah I just played a few games.

It's pretty much the complete new game that just came out on the consoles. Has tons of unlockables of teams players, etc. Presentation is very slick, music is the same, everything.

The description says vs only over Bluetooth, buy I haven't had a chance to try that yet.

D-pad touchscreen controls are hit and miss so far, will take some getting used to. Button setup is nice though; the way it works is if you are hitting the turbo button you slide over to the other one to do things like shove and block.

I think I can adjust to the controls well enough. I think that with a bigger area (like say the iPad) it would work even better.

So far, I don't regret the 5 bucks.

18. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

NBA JAM is sooo awesome. Dont hesitate to buy it at $5 if you liked the old school arcade version.

19. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

NBA jam for iphone doesnt have online mode unfortunately
    anyone know who's on the rockets roster for the game?

good review of the app HERE

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

Ariza's on the Rockets still... :confused: