1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

iPhone App Store

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CBrownFanClub, Jul 10, 2008.

1. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Games, voice recorders, etc - thats nice. But internet radio, guitar tuners, etc. on your phone is really something else.

This is amazing. Lights out on any other phone.

It's not linked on the iTunes store yet, but here it is; this link may or may not work, it opens itunes - mods, if that's a breach of ettiquette, apologies....

itunes link

Someone needs to make a Clutchfans App...

2. Nuclear Yak

Nuclear Yak Member

I've been waiting a good half year for this.
    Can't wait to go home and install it and try it out

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Come on, 2.0 jailbreak! I want my App Store AND Installer.app! Until then, there's still more than enough on Installer to keep me occupied. Among the recently-released awesome programs on Installer: Agile Messenger (chat), uXM (XM on my iPhone!), Orb (live TV!), PokerSoliarus (poker), THTouch (Texas hold 'em), Neverball (Super Monkey Ball ripoff), and Chuzzle.

4. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

lol some of those apps were first released on jailbreak already, like SuperPong, now they are charging 3 bucks.

And I thought that the mlb.com app was going to be free?

5. raw10628

raw10628 Contributing Member

Just updated my iPhone to 2.0 and I have to say it is a little underwhelming so far. There are alot of apps that are only .99 but, really? Do you really need to charge if it's only .99? I guess I just don't like the fact that so many of the apps are $5 and $10. It would also be nice if there were some kind of trial for most of them. I don't like having to spend $10, only to be dissapointed and want my money back.

Just incase anyone wants to update to 2.0 tonight before it's released. It only took about 10 minutes for the update, then another 5 or 10 to restore all my music, contacts, etc.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...are_v2_0_available_early_for_brave_users.html

6. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Time to wait until 2.0 jailbreak and unlock codes comes out then I'll download it.

7. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

8. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

iTunes is saying that my iPhone is up to date with version 1.1.4 It is not picking up Version 2.0 yet.

So how are you guys getting it now?

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Ok in relation to this article, anyone know how I can hard reset my ipod touch without bricking it, (It's currently jailbroken) so I can upgrade to 2.0???
    <br>
    If I do a normal hard reset (holding the home and power off buttons) will that work??
    <br>
    Should i do the system restore through itunes???

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

So I took the plunge and did the early update to get the AppStore.

Only tried Remote so far, but it's very cool.

Restore through iTunes.

WHen it's done restoring, it can pull your contacts/info back from the last sync you did.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

same problem here

12. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    thanks man!

14. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

So.... I'm considering ditching my Helio Ocean and trying to pick up an iPhone 3G tomorrow... if I just stroll into an AT&T store tommorrow morning should I have any problem?! Or is this camping out business actually necessary?

15. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

They're camping here in the Dallas area...

I don't get it. :confused:

16. Nuclear Yak

Nuclear Yak Member

You can't. iPod Touch users have to pay 10 dollars for the 2.0 software upgrade.

17. Nuclear Yak

Nuclear Yak Member

I realize now that you may mean payin for the upgrade and not having it brick your ipod rather than using the version that was floating around on the internet last night. If so, sorry, but I'm not sure.

18. as_sstomper

as_sstomper Member

So when you upgrade to 2.0 do you lose all your contacts and stuff in the phone?
    That's the only place I have my phone numbers/email addresses. I know it supposedly backs it up on my computer when I connect my phone, I am just not sure where.
    I figure I'd better write them all down somewhere anyways. I guess I will do that before I get 2.0

19. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

I'm wondering the same thing. Can someone who has updated their phone already confirm that I won't lose all my contacts?

20. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

I believe that iTunes backed everything up before the upgrade, but maybe you'd want to sync your contacts with Outlook (if you're using Windows and have Outlook) as a just in case. After the upgrade my device seemed to have all the data as before (including the contacts), even the txt messages, which I thought would be lost.

I did lose my phone contacts when I sync'd with Exchange. But, I had them saved off in a seperate Outlook profile.