1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

iPhone 3G (and iPhone 2.0 firmware) Launch Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Coach AI, Jul 10, 2008.

1. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Me and my friend were 1st and 2nd in line at First Colony Mall in Sugar Land. I got the 8 gig and I have no regrets so far.

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

As long as you've been synching your contacts with your iTunes, it backs them up. So after the update it will give you the option of restoring info from one of your backups

3. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

I've never synced with iTunes before. When I connect my iPhone to my laptop and go to info it says I can sync my contacts with Outlook, but that's it. How exactly do I sync with iTunes so that my contacts are backed up? Thanks in advance.

4. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

5. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I have a question. We have two phones on a family plan and pay about 80 bucks a month for them. If I add the iphone to it how much will my bill go up?

ATT's page with pricing is pretty vague.

6. BigSherv

come on man, someone answer my question

7. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Dude, when it comes to billing and financial matters I'd suggest talking to AT&T directly...everyone's bills seem to be different, especially when it comes to mobile phones.

8. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Go into itunes and select devices from the left menu. It will be in those options.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Got a 16GB white one on Monday...best. phone. ever.

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Sorry man I never even saw this until now.

When you plug in the phone and select it, you'll see a bunch of tabs in the main window. One of these should be 'info'. Here you can select to sync contacts and calendars and such. If you select contacts there should be a drop down box that asks you what you want to sync your contacts with. This is where you choose Outlook.

11. BigSherv

I ordered a 16 gig black one today

12. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

To anyone still trying to get a 3G iPhone, the Apple Stores have been getting shipments daily. Last week I went to the one in the Woodlands Mall. I got there around 11:30, there was a line of about 8 people which I got in. About an hour later, I walked out with my phone.

I know the Apple availabilty site says they don't have any, but that site checks inventory at 9PM everyday. What is happening is the phones are coming in around 10 or 11 AM, they sell out at about 2 so at 9 they don't have any in stock.

I understand everyone can't sit in line all day or hang out at the store until they get some in, but a couple of hours wait is probably better than waiting for 2 or 3 weeks from the AT&T store.

13. BigSherv

I wish I saw this yesterday :( Oh well...

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

is it true you can go to the AT&T store and just pre-order one? then, when it comes in...it is set aside for you to just buy and activate?

i would rather do that if i'm going to get one.

15. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

My fiance got his last friday and he skipped the line because his friend worked there so he didn't have to wait! Ha!

He loves the phone.

16. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

You can but the wait time (I've heard) is over a month right now.

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I waited at my ATT store the Saturday after release for 45 minutes before they opened and got one for my wife.

She loves it.

I'm still rocking the OG first gen iPhone.

18. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

Baybrook Apple Store at 8 a.m. tomorrow for anyone who wants one. Was there today getting an iPod dock for my wife and asked the head salesguy.

As soon as you get the phone and get it up and running, go to the app store and download Phone Saber. It's free, and you'll be SO glad you did. :cool:

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The 2 things I've been disappointed with so far with the iPhone :

1) What do you mean I can't store files on this thing without hacking it or buying semi-functional 3rd party apps?!

2) I can't send an attachment like a Word file to someone via email? I guess I can log into my Yahoo account via the browser and do it from there? Pain.

Any of you have suggestions for the above 2? And no, hacking is not an option. :)

Things I like :

1) I love the main reason I got the phone - a real browser
    2) ... on a really nice interface.
    3) ... on a real screen

20. BigSherv

I did that last night. Took about 5 minutes.