1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iowa Caucuses Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Jan 29, 2020.

?

Who will win the Iowa Caucus

Poll closed Feb 1, 2020.
  1. Bernie Sanders

42.9%
  2. Joe Biden

14.3%
  3. Elizabeth Warren

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Pete Buttigieg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Amy Klobuchar

28.6%
  6. Mike Bloomberg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Andrew Yang

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Tom Steyer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I abstain. Courteously.

14.3%
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@DreamShook

We get. You dont like sneaky Pete

Good lord relax

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Distrust in the media
    pushing conspiracy theories
    making up nicknames for their political opponent

Bernie supporters are releasing their inner Trump.

Nook, baller4life315 and pgabriel like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No. f-ck you. how bout that? :D

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dude, I have given you facts as they have been reported then backed up. You don't have to call it a conspiracy, but any level headed person would look at everything that has transpired in the last 48 hours and think it's at the very least weird.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

isn't that how conspiracy theories are generated? You take a couple facts and try to correlate them to push a far fetch theory?

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bruh. You can acknowledge it as a weird coincidence if you want. It's ok. No one will start fitting you for a tin foil hat. At this point you are just trying to deny what is reported just because.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This is really just a common human tendency for any group of people who support nearly anything. Take the Rockets and @Os Trigonum 's #mediaconspiracy for example. Is BSPN really always plotting to bring the Rockets down!?!? Are all Rocket fans acting like Trump supporters?

You guys should relax arguing over all of this, the results will come out tomorrow. Tonight sucked, they should never use this app again, I think I read they plan (planned) on using this app in another state, this need to change if true.

joshuaao and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. Agent94

Agent94 Member

My girlfriend just woke up and I told her all about what was going on. She said her mom is a precinct captain and might be responsible for sending in the results, so I might actually have some inside information tomorrow.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Overall if the results as rumored are true, in relation to Bernie's campaign, I think Biden losing so badly would be a bigger positive then Pete barely nudging a win over Bernie would be a negative.

Pete doesn't have a chance nationally IMO, and if Biden's base turnout is really much weaker then his polls show this could mean Berne is in a very good position to win the nomination.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I thought about that, how this helps Trump and I'm sure it does immediately...

But by November no one will care that much as long as the count is accurate in the end.

I mean sure, you'll have the fake centrists scold the Democrats for their 'corruption' while they turn a blind eye to the GOP corruption and they will of course use the "This is why people vote for Trump.

joshuaao likes this.
  11. Agent94

Agent94 Member

If Trump loses the election, this will be another conspiracy he can point to about how the elections are fake.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh sure, but if Trump loses I really doubt he'll be able to do much about it.

I know some people are paranoid that he'll try to pull some coup and refuse to leave but really, they will drag him out kicking and screaming.

jiggyfly and Space Ghost like this.
  13. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Here is some more info on Shadow. https://readsludge.com/2019/11/06/whos-behind-dems-new-75-million-ad-campaign/

'Acronym is in charge of a second for-profit firm, a technology company that it acquired this year. Shadow, Inc., which is run by Obama, Clinton, Apple, and Google veterans, focuses on “building accessible, user-centered products to enable progressive organizers to run smarter campaigns.”'

Apparently several campaigns have paid Shadow for services. Shadow looks like a software consulting company for political campaigns. They also created the Iowa app. Paying Shadow for campaign software or services does not mean those campaigns have anything to do with the app.

14. Buck Turgidson

Thank you, Simone.

red likes this.
  15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Avid Trump tweeter Christy Swanson.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Good lord Bernie folks.... chill out. Never go full Trumper. You guys took it to 11 on the first night of elections even before the results came out and immediately went to conspiracy theory.

News flash- Pete was polling for months basically in a 4 way tie in Iowa. His campaign claiming a win isn’t that big of news.

-Bernie seems to have also done really well and is poised to run away with NH. Top 2 in Iowa and winning NH makes Bernie basically the front runner.

I really don’t know why you guys are going full Trumper and trying to destroy the party from within that you are.... currently looking to be winning in.... grow up people. Mayor Pete is not the devil .... he’s someone who if he wins will be 1000% better for what you care about than Trump and if you win you’ll need his supporters to unify around Bernie and not feel like his supporters are a cult of fanatics so Mayor Pete voters are better off staying home than voting Bernie.

Major, jiggyfly and joshuaao like this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You used the terms "you guys" and "supporters" when you're only talking about one person - DreamShook.

Who else in here "went full trumper with conspiracy theories" ?

Astrodome likes this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’m speaking to general sentiment I’m seeing on many platforms. Not as much here although shook seems to be falling in line with the Bernie bro outrage memo. Seriously the very first thing that can possibly look like a conspiracy and they are all ready to go full scorched earth.

Iowa literally changed their rules to appease Bernies camp at the direction of the DNC. Does anyone really think on the first night of elections in a state that Trump won by 9 points that the DNC would choose this moment to rig the nomination in the most obvious way possible?

Or maybe it’s just that Caucasus are stupid and messy and old people don’t understand how technology works.

Major, joshuaao and dmoneybangbang like this.
  19. mick fry

mick fry Member

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

This is just flat out embarrassing.

pgabriel likes this.