1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ioannis Bourousis Should Be The New Franchise Center Of The Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by A Kar, Dec 24, 2010.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

You can't have enough good C/PF players, esp. if this guy is willing to sign a cheap contract. If Perkins or Ibaka gets injured I don't think they have quality depth behind either of them.

However if I'm Ioannis no way would I sign with the Thunder. He's already 27, what would be the point of playing 10 mins a night behinds Perks or Ibaka? He'll be better off signing with us or another center-needy team.

2. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

It is a completely untrue and false myth that NBA players are taller than Euroleague players. Do all the people that make this false claim not even realize that anyone can actually go to the Euroleague website and look at the rosters and see how tall the players are?

The NBA does NOT have taller players than the Euroleague does. It is a fact and anyone here claiming otherwise is simply wrong. euroleague.net - look at it. Where does this imaginary myth among NBA fans in the US come from? Seriously, it is getting ridiculous that this nonsense keeps being stated here as some kind of legit argument and just passed off as a fact like everyone knows it is simply true or something.

Why don't you actually check for yourself the heights of the players there, rather than making up all this nonsense? I challenge any poster here to prove factually that the NBA has on average taller players than the Euroleague.

Unless you can do it, you need to all stop these nonsense claims about how the NBA has taller players than the Euroleague does.

Oh and also, keep in mind that in the Euroleague a lot more players get listed by barefoot height than shoe height. About half of the European draft picks suddenly grow 2 inches on NBA draft night. They go from 6-8 Galinari in Europe to 6-10 in NBA, 6-8 Jerebko in Europe to 6-10 in NBA, 6-10 Bargnani in Europe to 7-0 in NBA, etc. All at draft night.

But even without accounting for this, and just using the height listings equally (even though the NBA obviously exaggerates in most cases), the NBA still does not have taller players than the Euroleague. So since every single American NBA fan wants to keep making this claim and arguing with anyone who says otherwise, even accusing them of trolling in some cases, then you need to stop the BS and actually prove that the NBA has taller players.

Because it sure is not true based on the official height listings.

You seem to be basing this idea on the fact that nbadraft.net and draftexpress.com always state that complete BS in their scouting reports. Neither one of those sites knows hardly a thing about European basketball. Yeah, it is always being said by NBA "experts", scouts, coaches, GMs, announcers, etc. They are wrong and are just spouting off nonsense.

It's called NBA marketing. It is the same reason the NBA exaggerates the heights of some of its players. They like brainwashing all of the NBA fans into believing that somehow all the players in the Euroleague are short, undersized, midgets - whatever term they like to use.

The sad thing is that apparently not one NBA fan in this forum has ever even checked to see if these stupid marketing claims are even true. News flash, it is not true.

3. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

No. If you want an expert flopper you need to get a Spanish player.

4. Damion Laverne

OHMSS, call me crazy for saying this, but your insight on the Euroleague is great once I decipher your posts. The only reason you're not held in high regard on this board is because you come off with a know-it-all attitude.

5. thebender

thebender Member

what he said

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

And because he's a known psychopath and unrepentant liar. Plus he doesn't factor in barnyard adjustment multipliers when translating greek stats.

7. anchel

anchel Member

Agree with this. Refereeing is the key. Playoff basketball is more similar to european basketball in this sense.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Next you will be trying to convince us that Chinese players are taller than Americans.... oh wait....

[​IMG]

Seriously though, is this even important? I'm assuming both leagues have a plentiful supply of 7 footers so who cares. The Rockets have two of the tallest players in the world (Hasheem Thabeet and Yao Ming), it would just be nice if one of them could play or get healthy enough to play.

9. guoxiangsu

guoxiangsu Member

no no no,we don't need this guy,man.just we know our team need a defensive center somgone who is truly center and can blockshot

10. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Apparently, Olympiacos thinks Bourousis is leaving to the NBA, because they are already trying to get Nenad Krstic to replace him.

http://www.redplanet.gr/basket/kristits-gia-thrulo.861799.html

And certainly, they would NOT ever be looking to sign Krstic, if Bourousis was going to stay there.

Because Krstic is the one that hit him with the chair over the head last summer.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/loLphpM43n4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Bourousis refuses to play for Greece anymore, in order to protest their basketball organization.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4hwEF1qq9r0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Translation:

"I am no longer available to play for the Greek National Team. I have done everything for the team, even played with a broken hand. In exchange for that, all I get by the basketball organization here is disrespect, both as a human being and as a player. Under these circumstances, I quit the Greek National Team. It's not a warning, it's a decision".

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

V-SPAN is to T-Mac as Bourousis is to ________?

13. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

spencer hawes

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Bourousis has been indicted for using performance enhancing drugs.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...docId=CNG.3ffec287ab3ac429d795e25832e592c9.21

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

16. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Bourousis was caught on a taped phone conversation calling the Olympiacos owners "those idiots"........so he will be given his contract buyout and will be released. This means that he will then be a free agent.

This is a huge opportunity for the Rockets to finally get the center they need.

17. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Would he be any better than Nikola Pekovic?

18. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Yes, he is better than Pekovic.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good info OHMSS I really appreciate it...

20. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Probably worth chasing if we miss out on likes of Gasol or Dalembert.