1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the WEST FINALS Game 3 -- Can the Timberwolves get back in this? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Investigation Uncovers ‘Extensive Destruction’ Of RNC Emails'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mc mark, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Major

Major Member

Computer glitch?? :confused: They specifically issues RNC emails to White House staff for official use to get around using White House email servers (which would retain records of everything). It's not like things accidentally got deleted. People were given email addresses of an organization not associated with them for the purpose of not having them in official files.

These people should never have had RNC emails. They shouldn't have been using them for *government* work. They got deleted because they were under RNC control instead of official government control - that's the problem.

As for conspiracy theorists - certainly a ton of stupid theories will get floated around. But it's one of those "you reap what you sow" things. If you didn't do suspicious and illegal things and then delete the evidence, there wouldn't be conspiracy theories about what might have been deleted.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

have you been getting my emails?

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

"Dear beloved...."

4. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Let's set the record straight.

1. Knowingly using RNC account to conduct government function -- Violation of Presidential Record Act

2. Losing all the emails from the RNC account -- gross incompetence (if unintentionally), quite possible malice intended. Regardless of intention, still broke the PRA (under investigation).

3. Said email contains evidence related to an ongoing investigation, the reason the emails are being sought in the first place -- mysterious content in the emails that everyone is curious about, the basis of a check and balance government. Leads to cans of worms (under investigation).

4. Sheathing said email from investigators -- obstructing an investigation committee. Could potentially lead to Contempt of Congress once a proper subpoena is issued. See 5. and 6.

5. Contradicting and outright false information released by whitehouse officials and RNC personnel (number of emails affected, number of users, emails being destroyed) -- hey, since it is not under oath, anybody can say anything and all is merry, right? (more will be unearthed)

6. Incorrect usage of executive privilege -- Hey Bush, some people actually use the law the way it is written.

5. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I have no faith in this adminstration any more. Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked by anything anymore. It's just a sad embarrassment to the nation.

If Watergate resulted in anything, it thought later administrations how to prevent getting in trouble.

Never in my life have I felt so negatively about a president. The man is rotten to the core. He couldn't run a lemonade stand for the life of him. he couldn't do anything. If it wasn't for his father, he's be a drugged out bum begging for quarters sleeping in cardboard boxes. I mean, he couldn't even run a gang.

I mean, it's not even his views. He's just so grotesquely incompetent and narrowminded, that I can't even respect anyone who thinks positively about him.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Haven't seen you post in D&D before, but welcome. Damn good summation.

Those of us who have accused this administration of corruption, and worse, for years now often get slammed. We're accused of looking for "any little thing" to rag on Bush and crew about. Now, it's true that it could look that way at times, but the sad fact is that SO MUCH is going on, how can it be ignored? No matter what gets reported, and backed up by facts, the Bush & Crew Defenders laugh it off.

Why is this a joke?

If the Administration is breaking the law and hiding what it does illegally, it is a very, very serious matter. That some of those here, who might otherwise be considered intelligent people, can joke about it makes them, in my opinion, look like they are being willfully ignorant. And that's pretty sad to see. There doesn't seem to be anything bad enough to provoke a smidgen of criticism of this President and his cronies. The hypocrisy is stunning. Were this coming out about the Clinton Administration, during or after those years, we would be seeing volumes of words posted in outrage.

Some of you should take a close look in the mirror. Or perhaps not... it could be an ugly reflection.

D&D. Replicant Democrat.

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

CNN is reporting that the 140,000 Rove emails have been preserved. --

8. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Bingo. Took the words outta my mouth.

9. updawg

updawg Member

computer glitch???? :rolleyes:
    so is the plan to blame it on some stupid computer tech that didn't know what he was doing?

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Yep! Subpoena time!

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The person in charge of the RNC email servers does backups regularly; it is a part of the job. Thus, not only were the emails currently on the RNC server deleted, but likely 100s of weekly backups were deleted as well. This is no accident.

Here is the big kicker ...

Tony Snow while talking about the deleted emails coughed out this gem (paraphrase) "This White House adheres to the highest ethical standards". Perhaps, Snow has confused the words "ethical" and unethical".

BTW, I was surprised that the WH Press Corps did not break out in uncontrolled laughter. This is the real problem. The press are letting the WH lie with impunity.

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

MUST...DESTROY...TAPES!

watergate wouldnt have happened w/ this bunch of crooks b/c at least they would have been smart enough to destroy the dang tapes, which the nixon crew neglected to do.