1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting tibbit during the Clipper's game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coffeelover665, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

No surprise even Morey said both are the GM :rolleyes:

2. Swag

Swag Member

there was a hot girl behind the rockets bench...

3. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

You sure the reddit post is legit?

4. queazie

queazie Member

I started following the rockets for 1 huge reason back in 07. They are a bunch of nice guys. Yao Battier Chuck Hayes Motombo AB Carl Landry... Tmac...
    Although I haven't been a Rockets' fan long, I have grown attached to the organisation and the fans.
    If the story were true, I'd be really disappointed. But I will still be a loyal fan and hope it's just a "heat of the moment" scenario.

5. LAC

LAC Member

Lin wants to be Duncan. He allows himself to be the whipping boy of Mchale and Sampson just like Duncan is to Pop. If Lin were the top dog of the team, all the Rockets would've fallen in line just like how the Spurs followed Duncan's lead. Unfortunately, Lin is only 4th in pack order and he can only get those behind him to follow his lead.

In reply to Yang_Wenli, Asik and Garica may have never lashed out but Lin has. I have seen Lin whipping DMo a couple times. But other then DMo, Lin is generally nice to his pack, namely Asik, Casspi, Garcia, and Smith.

6. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

God damn it. I thought the Dish was safe from this crap.

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Awesome. LoL!

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The main thing I'm taking from this thread is that the trustees are running the prison and the warden has the keys but not the respect.

This might be a thing where McHale needs to go, not now, and not so much because he's completely unable to call X's and O's, but because one of his star players shuts him out----maybe believing McHale can't call plays, or just knowing his own talent and singing "My Way" while being a "Burger King" (a phrase we used in the military; somebody who's gotta have it "your way", i.e., selfish).

I don't know if next summer this would be addressed with a new coach, or who that coach would be. The coach usually takes the brunt of the blame in the end. The Lakers didn't win anything with Shaq and Kobe (in fact, I remember they were swept in the playoffs) before Phil Jackson's iron hand showed up.

McHale is waaaaaaaay too nice, although he did bench Harden a game ago when he was stinking up the Staples Center.

As for Jeremy, a shame, but as "the nice guy", I can relate. People will praise you for being nice but many will try to wipe their shoes on you. The trick is developing an "f-you" attitude without getting too much of an "f-you" attitude.

I will say that Jeremy has really looked good out there. When I post his name in trade scenarios it isn't because I want to see him leave. If the OP has any truth, though, his talents might be semi-wasted here; but at what value would he be pegged by another team?

Hopefully these guys will get it together and we can chalk the Clippers game up to frustration and Harden's galloping ego. I love Harden's talent, but remembering myself at that age, and adding fame and an $80,000,000 contract on top of it, I guess I can see where he needs to mature a bit.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

wow such strong opinions and conclusions based on an anonymous post on Reddit

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

for real

Do any of you stop and think that maybe this is partially or even fully madeup?

TMZ and the National Enquirer must LOVE folks like yall.:rolleyes:

11. liunatic

liunatic Member

It's more true than you think because of

multiple sources.

12. yummyhawtsauce

In game personality is different from outside the game. They are probably all good friends but on the court things get heated. Best example is probably when Wade and LeBron first played together. Great friends, but during the game sometimes miscommunications happen etc etc

13. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

It's impossible when you're outnumbered in the NBA 1000 to 1.

Steve Blake is a worse player than Jeremy and he wouldn't be receiving this kind of "treatment," nor would Aaron Brooks.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Come on now, Reddit? If you want me to make up something that sounds even more credible than this I will.

15. cebunit

cebunit Member

There are a lot of angry folks in LA. LOTS. I was still there a few months back when Dwight said no to them. You can see all of their media outlets can't seem to let it go that someone doesn't want to play for their organization. What I'm getting at is that LA thrives on media attention. If you haven't lived there you probably won't understand (unless you've lived somewhere similar)

I'm not saying the post on Reddit isn't true, but how convenient that this would come out on the only game where the Rockets were struggling which so happened to be the 1st loss of the season. People love to stir **** up and fans don't help. Let them handle their business, let them find their way.

Bunch of people want to see this team fail and whatever they can do to help their cause they will. Look at the Clippers game, but buddy that attended the game said there were a lot of Lakers fans/jerseys in the stands that were only booing throughout the game when Dwight touched the ball. To the extend that went to purchase tickets to show their disgust. I saw that on Reddit too, or do I...

16. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Why is this not credible? There was also a corroborating account later on.

[​IMG]

17. cebunit

cebunit Member

Edit******Bunch of people want to see this team fail and whatever they can do to help their cause they will. Look at the Clippers game, my buddy that attended the game said that there were a lot of Lakers fans/jerseys in the stands that were only booing throughout the game when Dwight touched the ball. To the extent that they went to purchase tickets to show their "crying" shows they put in effort. I saw that on Reddit too, or did I...

18. SK34

SK34 Member

Does anybody who is on Clutchfans sit by the rockets bench or court side at the rockets game? Id like to hear this from them to confirm it.

Also, Lin is getting the Chalmers treatment because he is the X Factor. They need Lin as much as Miami need Chalmers. Our 3 players that are always gonna do their thing (although it hasn't happened yet this year) harden,parsons, and Howard are the main "pieces". Lin is the X Factor, even if he is coming off the bench. His scoring and playmaking are vital to us for the second string and even the first string.

For Chemistry, I don't think anybody dislikes Lin. If they did, they wouldn't hang out with him or have a pre game ritual or play around with one another on social network.

It's been only 5 games, we are 4-1, and our chemistry hasn't even been that great yet. Granted we haven't played a solid team yet except the clips, winning the way we have been how's their is a lot of growth left in this team. Come February, this team is gonna be like Miami heat the first year they got together.

19. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Parsons is not a star or major piece, and he's not a better player than Asik/Lin. He's a pretty good player on cheap contract(will change soon).

20. yummyhawtsauce

Funny thing is Lin is decently more consistent than those three players so far this year...