1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting tibbit during the Clipper's game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coffeelover665, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Sean88888

Sean88888 Member

Interesting POV experience of a fan watching the rockets vs clippers game; from Rockets FB page

"Wanted to post my observations from the game last night but will lead the analysis to the pros on the site. My sister and I sat right behind Rockets bench which was great but we had 5 or 6 hecklers sitting right beside us that were super annoying. They were talking trash and screaming literally the whole game. I want to punch them in the face First, Jeremy looked good during warmups. He was making a lot of his jump shots. Not sure if they showed this on TV but Parsons, Harden and Lin have a new pre game ritual. Harden and Parsons facing each other with Lin facing away from them. Harden brushes Parsons hair, Parsons brushes Harden's beard. They do a couple other things that I missed then at the last second Jeremy turns around and they all bow towards each other.

First half was really hard to watch. Looks like dwight and Harden were super lazy on defense. Dwight constantly looks to throw outlet pass to Harden or Parsons. Jeremy was getting really frustrated. There was a play where Coach Mchale was yelling at Jeremy to run a certain play (Index finger and pinky finger raised). Looks like this is a type of "horns" play where they set double screens for Jeremy at the top of the key (one pick on each side). Jeremy calls the play, Harden gets the ball and goes iso and misses.

Mchale then calls time out and yells at Jeremy. Jeremy yells at Mchale back. I heard Jeremy say something like, "I AM trying to run the play." Mchale then yells at Harden and Harden just walks away from him. Mchale then looks at Jeremy and shrugs his shoulders kind of like, "there's nothing i can do."
    Jeremy reall looks like he is not having a good time playing. He was constantly being yelled at by Dwight and Parsons between plays. To be honest, I really don't know why they were yelling at him. There were couple time where Jeremy wasn't even involved in the play. In 4th quarter, Jeremy checks in at 8 minute mark on his own. He looked at Mchale while walking to check in kind of like asking "I'm checking in right now right." Made me think maybe they have set times they check in? At the end of the 4th, AB was set to check in for JEremy during garbage time. Jeremy was playing well. I saw AB walk back to the bench on his own and heard him say to Mchale, "Jeremy's doing his thing. Just let him play."

I found this on Reddit /r/nba btw

1 person likes this.
  2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Sounds like some **** LoFs are just making up to stir up ****. If Lin took this all seriously he wouldn't be in a pregame ritual with harden and others.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Random dude makes a post on Facebook... let's make a thread about it!

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Sigh. The game against the LAC was disheartening. Players were pissed. And angry. And on each others back. But why is that a bad thing? Would you "fans" rather have the Rockets tuck their tails between their legs and cower? Jeez. They are a bunch of super competitive athletes who hate to lose. And that is a great thing. I feel sure they all had a beer together on the plane to Portland.

5. jocar

jocar Member

Sounds like some wet dream fantasy a Lin fan made up after reading Clutchfans.

Oh sure, never read about "horns" until CF but it sure looks like a horn formation on the court! Lol, Sean do you really think we are dumb enough to believe this? It sounds faker than a Penthouse "POV".

6. dexkk

dexkk Member

a comment from FB page...
    a comment from FB page......
    a comment from FB page.........

IBTL.

7. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Well being professionals, I'm sure they are accustomed to that. But there is a difference between "yelling on someone who is doing wrong" and "picking on someone because YOU or someone ELSE did wrong". If anyone was in line for yelling, it was Harden. His non-chalant behaviour and letting Redick have whatever he wanted was contagious and probably was one of the reasons everyone were so frustrated.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

to be fair, horns is one of the most used formation now by a lot of teams

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wt3C_NB5n70" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. CertifiedTroll

We need to get Jeremy in touch with Gilbert Arenas. Dude knows how to demand locker room respect.

10. yummyhawtsauce

I agree, these guys don't complain very much, they just ball.

I'm not surprised about the sequence of events described by the clipper fan. it was a tough game to watch. Parsons isn't playing consistently lately either, probably really pissed off about that. Yelling happens all the time in ball when team is having a tough game or when the defense is bad. but thanks for sharing, really really interesting to see how the rest of the season develops.

Off topic question - anyone still think Lin will be traded before season is over?

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Either that or give him a gift certificate for a Glock.

12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Thats funny OP cause i was also at the game and Wanted to post my observations from the game last night but will lead the analysis to the pros on the site. My sister and I sat right behind Rockets bench which was great but we had 5 or 6 hecklers sitting right beside us that were super annoying. They were talking trash and screaming literally the whole game. I want to punch them in the face First, Jeremy looked good during warmups. He was making a lot of his jump shots. Not sure if they showed this on TV but Parsons, Harden and Lin have a new pre game ritual. Harden and Parsons facing each other with Lin facing away from them. Harden brushes Parsons hair, Parsons brushes Harden's beard. They do a couple other things that I missed then at the last second Jeremy turns around and they all bow towards each other.

First half was really hard to watch. Looks like dwight and Harden were super lazy on defense. Dwight constantly looks to throw outlet pass to Harden or Parsons. Jeremy was getting really frustrated. There was a play where Coach Mchale was yelling at Jeremy to run a certain play (Index finger and pinky finger raised). Looks like this is a type of "horns" play where they set double screens for Jeremy at the top of the key (one pick on each side). Jeremy calls the play, Harden gets the ball and goes iso and misses.

Mchale then calls time out and yells at Jeremy. Jeremy yells at Mchale back. I heard Jeremy say something like, "I AM trying to run the play." Mchale then yells at Harden and Harden just walks away from him. Mchale then looks at Jeremy and shrugs his shoulders kind of like, "there's nothing i can do."
    Jeremy reall looks like he is not having a good time playing. He was constantly being yelled at by Dwight and Parsons between plays. To be honest, I really don't know why they were yelling at him. There were couple time where Jeremy wasn't even involved in the play. In 4th quarter, Jeremy checks in at 8 minute mark on his own. He looked at Mchale while walking to check in kind of like asking "I'm checking in right now right." Made me think maybe they have set times they check in? At the end of the 4th, AB was set to check in for JEremy during garbage time. Jeremy was playing well. I saw AB walk back to the bench on his own and heard him say to Mchale, "Jeremy's doing his thing. Just let him play."

13. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Sounds real. Doesnt sound like LOF drivel tbh

14. yummyhawtsauce

there's always a certain amount of stress and pressure when a game is on the line or when teh team is not playing well. it's part of basketball, and it's part of life.

15. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Lol at Parsons trying to be tough. He's been the worst out of the starting 5 overall. He needs to work on his jumpshot and stop doing that stupid pump fake no one is falling for.

16. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

This thread feels familiar...

17. Sean88888

Sean88888 Member

Alright I just saw that there's already a sticky thread for this. Please ignore this thread.

18. gene18

gene18 Rookie

This is very depressing. Too much discord on the team. Bashing Lin will only back fire as his will to perform will slowly erode. AB is a true gentleman.We need more like him. He raises the moral quality of the team. BTW the press, somerocket fans and some announcers treat Lin the same way. Curios.

19. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

So do we even know if this isn't just some whiny little Faker fans making stuff up on Reddit?

The guy seems knowledgeable enough of basketball and close enough to see them calling horns double screen in the third paragraph but couldn't figure out why Lin was being yelled at later on in the post.

If Lin's not involved in the play it can be rotation on defense or spacing on offense. If he's really sitting right behind the Rockets bench and have as much basketball knowledge as he shown in the earlier post he should at least know what the reason for yelling was (he might disagree that Lin was to blame but at least know the reason). Four games in after them having really good chemistry last season, hanging out this offseason, and I just don't see that relationship eroding fast enough where they're just yelling at Lin for no reason.

What I'm getting is that the relationship between Jlin, Harden and Parson is now poison but they still have a pre-game ritual? The way that article is written (Jeremy is really frustrated because Harden and Parsons get's the outlet) just seems like editorials intended to stir things up.

20. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Belongs in that jeremylin.net thread.