1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting tibbit during the Clipper's game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coffeelover665, Nov 5, 2013.

1. coffeelover665

Wow you bring up a really interesting point...

2. steady

steady Member

A CBS sports article about Dwight also reported that Parsons was yelling at Asik during the game, and Dwight had to calm Parsons down. I guess the guys were just frustrated - that Clippers game was rough.

3. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Wondering if this has anything to do with Lin off the bench

4. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Putting asides stars and all, I probably like Lin, Asik, and Garcia the most out of all the main guys. They put their heads down, play hard, and I don't think I saw them lash out at anyone, even against the bench guys.
    Too bad they got the short end of the stick and relegated into the Mario Chalmers role (except Garcia.)

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Even without this info you can read what was going on by hardens play. I hate nothing more then for a player to get out of line and feel like he is invincible. Lin is a hard worker who really has improved his D and aggressiveness (mostly because of his role to play as a punch of the bench. But it looks like they put it behind them tonight in Portland.
    However the mchale issue needs to be sorted.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol so Lin's everyone's b****

poor guy

7. cebunit

cebunit Member

The Rockets need losses like the Clippers game. I love the Rockets but if they thought (fans included) they were going to cruise through the season because there is so much talent, they were in for a major disappointment. They need time to mesh not only together, but through looks that different teams are going to give them.

Im sure everyone was a bit heated through the game and they should be. They got hammered and frustration began to set in. They looked better tonight but its a work in progress.

8. Richie7

Richie7 Member

I get blamed when I give my friends the wrong answers to their maths questions too.

1 person likes this.
  9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Jeremy Chalmers

10. rocketblood713

looks like they work things out for this game

11. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I think only when Jeremy gets shipped out will HOU see how much did he contribute to their game. Do we really know how will another point guard do with getting so much crap from Harden and Parsons? Will he stand up for himself and what will that do to team's chemistry?

I'm not a LOF or LOH, but I feel bad for Jeremy. He thrives with ball in his hands - HOU brings Harden. He is at his best slashing to the hoop - Twin Towers! And he excells at pick and roll and when they bring the best possible PNR big to HOU - he gets benched! He fought through all this adversity and he's still the scapegoat. Incredible!

I'd like to see Jeremy in SAS once Parker retires. The problem is that by then Popovich is gone too, and he's one of the main reasons why underrated players like Kawhi and Green (and Lin would too) can shine under his command.

12. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

I'd want to have a stress free team where each player knows the roles, the plays, the tendencies of each other.

Eventhough we are winning now it is taking such an emotional toll on the players. It's not a good sign.

Highly pressured games like the clips games showed yhat we lacked communication on defense, and that many of our players went on their own.

I hope we mke adjustments real quick for the next clips game.

13. coffeelover665

Wish our coach can run our players like the spurs and Pop

14. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Ab sounds awesome and mature! I guess this is why mchale wants to start Bev over Lin, so he can do his thing without harden running his own show

15. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

So Lin's demoted, short leashed, and whipped by everyone? I thought he's been playing solid, extremely efficient while being aggressive. Damn, some deal he's getting. Payback for lin-sanity? But he sorta asks for it, this is what happens when you be the good boy and let ppl walk all over you.

16. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

This right here. There going to need a season to gel and adjust.

17. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

If true, could be that Lin is nice and not confrontational but Yao was the stereotypical "nice and reserved Asian" but his teammates definitely stood up for him. Bob Sura and T-Mac were both ready to fight for him when someone gave Yao a cheap shot.

I remember Brooks was the one guy consoling Lin when he was playing like garbage in the first game of the playoffs while he was getting chewed out.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

they have the talent, they need the coaching. and not the x's and o's coaching, the personalities need managing.

19. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

The way Rockets treated Lin. I don't see Lin will resign with Rockets in any circumstances.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Somehow I can imagine how McHail is yelling into Jeremy's ear from at point blank range