1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Interesting Read] Realist Rockets Fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by s land balla, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

So a lot of people keep saying the Spurs have greatly improved since last season. Am I missing something here? Is Splitter that big of a game changer? The team certainly didn't get younger...or did losing Jefferson make them that much better?

2. Danbury

Danbury Member

Why is everyone so defeatest about the Rockets not making any move this offseason. Their best move this year was always going to be through trade (even Bosh would've been a sign and trade). Last I checked, Morey has until February to do that. With all the assets The Rockets have, Morey can and will make a major trade before that deadline. You will see the major improvement that will surpass the majority of teams he listed.

3. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

He's a friend of mine.

I asked him before I posted.

He can't start threads on ClutchFans, so I did it for him.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well in that case, tell him that it was pretty far off base.....

;)

DD

5. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

he has been a backup for a reason. yes, he brings us alot sparks from rox bench but w/o chase and landry, he can't do much. it's the reason he is not on the 6th man list. he is good at initiating a fast break. his defense is good too. he doesn't turn over ball alot. other than that, he doesn't have much on the table. he is not good at shooting. his penetration looks good when facing other teams' bench.

he is a more or less 4 mil player.

6. ThaShark316_28

Funny how people forget that Ariza, Battier and Lowry all missed 10 games or more and without them, we looked lost some nights.

People around here underrate those players being hurt at important parts of the season. Hell, even Chase Budinger missing time with injuries last year hurt our team.

Miss me with this senseless ass rant.

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

My bad...don't know what happened there...but....

[​IMG]

8. pge71188

pge71188 Member

That was a boring read...

9. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I just thought about what you said again, and completely disagree.

When someone posts something on a public internet website (i.e. not on Facebook, or any other password protected platform), I see nothing wrong with posting that comment elsewhere for the purpose of discussion, so long as credit is given.

10. msakes

msakes Member

what was I thinking when I read that WHOLE thing. That was the laziest bit of digression I've ever heard. I mean you say Portland is way better with Roy and Oden getting healthy and we're almost the same as last year with adding Yao and PattyPat. I hate that I read that entire thing!

11. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

the last time yao played mcgrady was NOT running the show, he played all of last year, mcgrady didnt

12. misterNguyen

misterNguyen Member

-Insert "LOL DIDN'T READ" image here-

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

hey can I ask you question...??

were you listening to 97.5 this afternoon, bcuz they were saying that rockets will improve 5-7 games... :confused: :confused:

oHH BEFORE i FORGET, I think you got messed up with being realist and pessmestic. The rockets are way better than those teams you mentioned, and I don't think anybody has improved their roaster except the Mavericks, the rockets as of now with yao ming are better than the mavericks, the blazers, the nuggets, and the Thunders.
    we have more way better players than those teams that compete with a high level every night, with addition of Yao ming to the team, Trevor Ariza will get better, Kevin Martin will get better, and Aaron brooks will get better, so save your thoughts, sit back and watch the rockets this season.

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Agreed.

15. mkwebbsd2

mkwebbsd2 Member

"Aaron Brooks is NOT the caliber player that Rajon Rondo is. It’s not even close. If you actually believe this, then you are delusional."

I don't even know what to say here...have you seen Rajon Rondo try and shoot the ball? I'm not saying that I'd take Aaron over Rajon, but their value they bring is comparable. They have quite different skill sets in different packages. Rondo is a much better defender, Brooks is a much better scorer and can score from all over the court. I would bet Brooks has a higher bsketball IQ and is easily the fastest player in the NBA. Rondo is a better rebounder.

Both totally opposite skill sets and they play the same position at a very high level. Value is close to equal. Delusional is a big word to be throwing around when comparing one's opinion of these two stars.

16. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Just look at the record last year when he was injured.... The Rockets weren't the same team

There's a reason why Morey and Les matched that offer, you can measure pure numbers or if he can't shoot well, when he comes in the game is makes an impact and changes the game for the Rockets.....

That alone is worth more that 4 million a year!!

17. tofu--

tofu-- Member

In addition to this, I also want to say that I disagree a lot with the OP's opinion.

Yao is very different than a lot of big men in that his game is almost purely finesse. His power moves are naturally outstanding, but most of his points are off of fall-away jump shots, hooks, etc. He doesn't bulldoze nor does he outquick his defender. His size and touch is what makes him dangerous. He is extremely athletic for his size and that's enough.

In addition, what Yao brings is a huge clog in the middle on defense. His ability to alter shots and rebound is what we need. The OP is too focused on offense. Yao brings a very stabilizing defensive presence, one that we lacked last year. If you're so concerned about run and gun, why can't we have David Andersen and Hayes play the 5 the entire time? We tried and it just doesn't work.

And the whole AB and Rondo thing is just r****ded.

18. Raven

Raven Member

48-53 wins, 7th or 8th seed, if no further additions are made. I think that's a safe bet. Add a second star without giving up too much and I think the Rockets can be a dark horse for the Western Conference Finals. I think this is a pretty safe prediction, but if the Rockets have a first round match up against a tall athletic front court, it's going to get ugly.

19. jason3333

jason3333 Member

dear god, why did i read this crap.

20. jason3333

jason3333 Member

from rookie to member, then member back to rookie and then back to member and now im a rookie again! wow great, i quess i need to pay more money!