1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting Paper from Chron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggNRox, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Good for Lin.

Preach on, brother.

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

HaHaHa... That was funny! :grin:

3. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I'm glad that cleared it up for you. You seemed really on the fence before.

Next.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

OMG AggnRox turned into a LOF. They are infiltrating all of Clutchfans. Soon they will hit the 99'ers

5. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i used to be a BOF :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: but he was traded. i like battier. he did tons of tiny things for the team. not alot ppl appreciated what he did.

6. zdrav

zdrav Member

The great thing about this team is that everyone is a leader in their own way. Even players like Asik whom you don't hear from: he's definitely a leader on defense and commands that respect from his teammates. Delfino's a leader too because of his experience not only in the NBA but also the Olympics.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

I hope in the near future everyone becomes a leader. Imagine having 15 leaders on our roster!

Everyone be pointing, yelling directions, and congratulating each other constantly on the court.

8. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

this thread will infuriate most cf members

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't understand why there needs to be ONE leader? Can't we have two or 3 leaders on a team? Nothing wrong with that.

Anyway speaking of Lin. He has been balling this week. I wonder if he has a chance at player of the week. In 3 games this week he is averaging 23 pts 7 assists 6 rebounds shooting 40%FG 30%3FG & 92% FT. Rockets have gone 2-1.

10. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From esmelee23/gb lee:

Jeremy as a mediator.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZKmGrUP60VE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jeremy talking to the guys in a huddle. I've seen James and Jeremy do this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RrV3s5k8na0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Shoot, if we're talking about bringing guys together, I might as well suggest that Francisco is one of the leaders on this team.

I miss Battier btw. :(

12. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Is this right? Do you mean 50% and 40%? 40% and 30% would be terrible lol

13. lincoln_bw

lincoln_bw Member

Patrick Ewing Jr.'s comment on Lin's character...:grin:

"I went to a major D-I school, so I was wondering what a kid from Harvard can do, but he's definitely proven himself," Ewing said. "He's got a lot of talent and he's only going to get better."

Ewing was also impressed by Lin's character. While flying to away games, Lin often offered his first class seat (NBA signees receive first-class treatment) to a teammate.

"We've had other signees down here before, and they've never done that, and that makes me respect him even more," Ewing said.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=6099342

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Holy crap epic brain fart. Sorry all of those numbers were wrong.

In 4 games in April Lin is averaging 20 points 9 assists 3 rebounds 3 turnovers on 51% FG 45% 3FG & 80% FT shooting. Rockets have gone 3-1. So yeah Lin has a decent chance also considering that we were missing key players. I think if we had beat Denver last night he would have been a strong front runner. We shall see though.

1 person likes this.
  15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin is smart. He knows that the team needs Royce White to become a title contender so he's cultivating that relationship.

16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

c'mon, this paper has nothing to do with #s. there are many threads where both of you can debate on #s over there. i don't create threads alot. please leave my thread alone.

17. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

you've never known.

18. andersongo

andersongo Member

There is no real leader on this team and I think it's for the best. If there ever was to be a leader with this particular roster, it has got to be one of the veteran players or an authority-figure like McSuccess: it's a very young team after all.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

First of all I am not debating his numbers I am not even debating anything. Second, I also made sure to respond to your thread saying that it was a non story & that there is nothing wrong with having multiple leaders on a team.

I just put the numbers there because I was posting about your article while I was watching the Lin 60 minutes thing & saw that they mentioned he was player of the week last season & I realized that he never won anything in Houston. So I was checking his numbers thinking to myself hey this week maybe his chance because he is balling right now. Sorry for killing two birds with one stone.

20. sean joh

sean joh Member

he really loves this Rockets team. He said it multiple times during interview. look at his answer when is asked what he enjoyed the most in New York. Unbelievable Fans is the only answer. I never see he mentioned about that team.