1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting comments regarding the Rockets...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by franchise403, Jul 16, 2002.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's a shock because we just drafted a center who should hopefully become a fixture at that spot minute wise in the future. Maybe some minutes at the 5 next year, but not into the future.

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I can see EG getting some minutes at the 5...but there's this guy by the name of Ming that will hopefully occupy that position for most of the minutes

3. Hydra

Hydra Member

2 wins without Francis, 0 wins without Mobley. :cool:

4. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

People remember that we did not give Cato that extension, Portland did. Additionally it was the only way to get rid of Pippen's Contract who I must admit we were fairly compensated for considering the situation. Would you rather still have an aged Pip, I did not think so. As far as Cat and Franchise I place their values as almost equal in that they play their roles to perfection together they are undoubtedly the best back court in the league across the board. But Stevie is unlike any one that I have ever seen he is a freak in the best way possible and he only brings good vibes in his attitude. He is also a superstar and still busts it. Cat is also very nice I think that he is a $9 million player if not 11 he is grossly underpaid he could have cashed in with Toronto. Don't under estimate and take either one of them for granted they are more effective that our highly anticipated front-court even please don;t forget.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nuff Said Don't Disrespect.

5. ESource

ESource Member

More like a talking mule, aka, jackass........:D

6. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

"We" most certainly did give Cato that extension.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Grummett's right. It was the Rockets who gave Cato that extension, not Portland.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We gave Cato the extention AFTER his triple double game in the preseason against Cleveland.

Actually, he is paid about right for his level right now....I think the Rox have a bargain.

DaDakota

9. cyber-dave

cyber-dave Contributing Member

I seem to remember the games towards seasons end being close before they tanked it and realised that it was pretty much over. Its acedemic that they had more wins with francis but as was stated before, we never saw how it may have been had steve been out there without cat playing alongside him.

man...seems cat still can't get the respect I think he has earned...

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I would never use bargain and Cato in the same sentence. However I do think the second half of last season he did earn his money.

As for Cuttino, I felt he was the MVP on the Rockets team last year. And Frances' rep came more from what he did the previous season... Granted if Frances would have not been injured and had his head fixed that may have been a different story.

And for those of you who think I am a cat fan well I am but not any more than any other Rocket who contributes... I think Francis has the potential to be one of the great ones in this league but whether or not that transpires will be up to him. It's not just his headaches that have me concerned but his head period seems to be a problem.

Anyway everything your source said makes sense to me.

11. rockets#1

rockets#1 Member

I would find it hard to believe that the Rockets would really feel comfortable with Mooch running the team. Moochie has consistently shown that he can't hit an outside shot unless the buzzer is going off, and more importantly he caused more shot clock violations than anyone I can remember. I really like the Cat, but I just don't feel that he has near the upside as Steve. Steve is this teams leader, and as that leader, he needs to get these 2 guys in line with their roles on the team.