1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting article about Hopkins learning from Andre.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Raven, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Raven

Raven Member

2. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Hopkins needs to mature,

Guy trashed the hotel room when he was at the combine, sends out a picture of his junk and I know the guy who leased his BMW to him and the guy has destroyed the car has rolling papers, weed and chicken wings all over it and is always popping curbs drunk and high.

Basically the guy is a loser who needs to grow up

3. Summer Song Giver

If true, and no doubt the hotel room thing and instagram things are, how did he make it through the Texans vetting process that is supposedly only looking for "Texan types", team first guys who are as good if not better off the field as they are on it?

Further proof that this organization has been a joke thus far and can't even do the little things like background checks right.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

BON JOUR.

5. Remii

Remii Member

I wasn't impressed at all with Hopkins rookie season and I really don't think he's a better receiver than Posey. Hopkins has great hands but gets no YAC.

Hopefully learning under Dre serves him well.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Not sure about the weed stuff but we saw first hand the other two so yeah he needs to mature off the field. If the weed was THAT bad I'm sure the NFL drug testing would have popped him last year.

On the field, he has an awesome skillset and look forward to seeing him go out their with a more competent QB, whether that be this year or next.

I believe he has the tools to become a great wide out.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

His numbers were great for a rook!

8. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the blog uses two plays from early in the season to say that Hopkins could be the best receiver in his draft class?

Seems kind of pointless to write in April and misleading when the title is about what Johnson is "teaching" him.

Why not show examples from his last 7 games when he should be even better at running routes...he had 4 catches in one of them! Must have been his mastery of route running.

9. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

NFL doesnt test for recreational drugs... only performance.

if they tested for weed half the players in the NFL would be suspended/kicked out.

10. Remii

Remii Member

They do test for weed but I think only one time before the regular season starts...

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

They also drafted Sam Montgomery with a wasted 3rd rd pick for whatever reason and then cut him. He had red flags all over him.

12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sam Montgomery thanks the team for their exhaustive background checks and signing bonus.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, even if you leave out that he had statistically the 2nd best hands in the NFL behind Larry Fitzgerald. It was a fairly amazing rookie year even if you don't factor in the QB platoon he had to deal with.

14. Remii

Remii Member

People thought Matt Schaub was an elite quarterback when he was putting up big numbers but never took into account that he put up those numbers against prevent defenses.

Hopkins had around 800 yards receiving but less than 200 yards of YAC. And considering he didn't have to face double teams _ that's pathetic.

That's why I said "I wasn't impressed" but I understand if you are.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

The Texans would have been 1-15 without his game 2 performance.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

My bad. I was thinking the NBA drug policy. You're right.

17. Tuchainz

Tuchainz New Member

The NFL does test for recreational drugs. Its in the "Substances for abuse" policy.

Here is the policy:
    https://www.nflplayers.com/about-us/history/Player-Policies/Drug-Policy/

Here is Fred Davis being stupid by getting caught with weed twice:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-another-suspension-for-failed-mar1juana-test