1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Intangibles of draftees

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by palaeolithic, May 20, 2002.

1. palaeolithic

palaeolithic Member

Guys, I am not an oriental fortune teller who can read the aura, face figure and posture in order to foretell one's future. Howeve, I cannot but think some of intersting features on intangibles that every player assumes.

What do you think the most common feature that great players hold?- Charisma!!

This inexplainable character does not evict well but can be felt every move and every figure they made. See Jordan and Dream, what can you feel from them? Even though we have some pre-knowledge of their great records and snapshots of their amazing actions, there is no denying that they have unique characters, and I do not think you guys will dispute this.

I have listed some insights on the possible "aura" that current draftees will show in NBA, and their impacts on Rox. This is quite subjective, but can be objective when it is widely understood and shared. I will welcome other guy's comments on this.

1. Yao Ming
    - He is the thing! Totally different from another sleepy boar-looking chinese in another Texan city. A lot of confidence and of guts. Other than his physical prowess, this youngster's sternness will attain more metaphysical force on the court. Possible franchiser in the future (not currently).

2. Jay Williams
    - Renaissance of Zeke? Isiah Thomasian smile with hip-hop style version-up. Quite an influential charismatic existence itself. Any team who lands him will should expect this Napoleon-like little giant's dominance.

3. Mick Dunleavy
    - Like father, like son. Very intelligent-looking and none of distressness, but rare killer instinct which should be a pivotal part of Rox. Might show some finnesse and thinking game, but no championing dominance. Well-bredness will be a great asset on- and off- court. Fan's favorite, but not coach's

4. Dajuan Wagner
    - Kid. Just a Kid. But in this case, he is an enfant terrible. Very molesting figure against opponents, sometimes against teammates. Will receive maniac praisal from some "anarchistic" fans. Possibly one of the most loathing trading bait among leagues.

5. Drew Gooden
    - Combination of Mildness and reservedness which sometimes unify into "weakeness" in the paint. A long and bulky version of Sean Elliot. Definitely need mental ugliness to survive in the league.

6. Chris Wilcox
    - Personally think is the right stuff for Rox with no hesitation. Full of confidence and authority. Combined Rasheed's brutalness and McDyess' wildness, but he is a human!! Very matured than his age. Well-bred under good parents, good friends, and good coaches. A CD and Rudy's favorite, and might be EG's best friend in the locker room.

7. Qyntel Woods
    - I do not believe that intelligence and physical force do not reconcile, but in Woods, I think it's partly right. Most his games seem to be depending on his physical instinct but not on his thought. Smarteness is not an acquired personal asset. Possibly light on the pan for couple of years in the league. Totally far from hall-of-fame scale.

8. Amare Stoudemire
    - What can I say about this kid? A residue of ancient high-schooler regime. So many physical wows have come and go which are still innumerable on the street, and in the high school. His mother's unmentionable faults might have forced him to NBA (Naive Budgetting Action). A serious look need to be administered on this mysterious kid. Have any question? Just look at the dossier of Shawn Kemp who this kid is most frequently compared to.

9. Jared Jeffries
    - Very good character- a locker room favorite. Will be very popular for his excellent community works. But on the court, it is another story. Needs not only bulks, but also hulks in order to be impactive. Promising long-lasting wanderer among league, but will have a solid career like Danny Manning or A.C.Green, even Chucky Brown.

10. Caron Butler
    - Good professionalism and competitivenes. One of most coveted character not only from Rox but from other staggering teams. Deserves to be a leader and will to be. Need to pay attention to injury since a pointlessly jumping kangaroo always suppers from rheumaticism. Will show frequent ferociousness with opponents. A candidate for MTP (Most Tech-fouled Player).

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Very Twenty-First Century, p. Fun take, and welcome!:)

3. palaeolithic

palaeolithic Member

4. palaeolithic

palaeolithic Member

Just for a fun tip.

I asked one of my chinese friends, what the name of Yao Ming stands for. Most chinese name is based on chinese character, and every character has its own meaning.

He said the first name is Ming, all the same character with that of "Ming" Dynasty. It stands for the "Brightness" since the original chinese charater is composed of the elementary characters of "Sun" and "Moon".

Surname is quite funny. "Yao" means "sexy" or "horny". It is composed of "woman" and "peach..(hehe)". He also mentioned that this surname is very rare among chinese people, and most chinese people has some jinx that they dislike surname of female nuiance. I do not understand their historical background of naming. Maybe some kind of mysogynic tradition among ancient chinese people?